Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Im sure this is an easy one, and Junkman probably has a whole write up about it. I havn't been on here in a while and didnt exactly know how to start looking for this thread.

SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL / SERVICE ABS / SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING ????

I have seen this warning light come on my dash before while driving but It hasnt left in the last few weeks. I dont drive the car much and Im hoping this isnt anything serious! Especially since Ive planned on putting her away this week.

Does anyone know what this is and what I need to do to take care of it? Its only got 61,000 KMS or 38,000miles.

Thanx!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Have you pulled the codes?
Without them we are just p*ss'n in the wind!~!!:thumbsup:

Turn the key to the ON position, but don't start the engine. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. This will get you into the CODES section of the DIC. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. Any code that ends in H is a history code (something that has occurred in the past) but is fine now. Once the computer has finished going through all of it's codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# CODES".

Post them up!:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had that issue on my C5 (coupe) a few times.

First time it happened, when I put smaller overall diameter tires (C5Z rear size) on rear, which messed up the staggering of the car, and the code came up.
I got rid of that tires and the problem went away.

A few months later, the code appeared again.
I brought it in for service, and they said wheel speed sensor was going bad. Replaced them, and problem solved.

Never seen that code until I sold the car.

One thing you should know: when those lights are on, you don't have Active handling / traction control (which were ok for me) AND ABS.
You brake hard, then you would lock up tires.
When you see that code come on, simple (temporary) solution is to turn off the car, wait a few sec., and turn it back on.(It's like rebooting your computer.) Codes go away, and you have those funtions again.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Mine did this just last Friday. 41,000 miles. I don't drive it much either. Checked for codes Saturday moning. Nothing. I've read low battery voltage or weak alternator can also cause this. Seems to be common on C5's. Could be the EBCM.

·
Registered
632 Posts
When you see that code come on, simple (temporary) solution is to turn off the car, wait a few sec., and turn it back on.(It's like rebooting your computer.) Codes go away, and you have those funtions again.
That Depends on whether the code is a C code ,and if it's a intermittent problem it will still be in the History!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Must be the alignment of the stars and moon. :laughing:
I have had this constantly for the last three months, just waiting for Winter hibernation to tear down and service the ABS. Check with, or search absfixer. There is also a thread (elsewhere) on how to DIY. My troubles are in the ABS module solder joints. Code C1214.

·
Registered
102 Posts
absfixer

Just got done fixing my C1214 code. Had to remove my abs module then sent it to ABSFixer and got it back and installed it back on the car. All is perfect now. ABSFixer did a great job and was great doing business with them. I sprung for the abs surge suppression mod while he had it apart. I didn't splurge for the fast delivery so my car was without abs for almost 3 weeks.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
But you could still drive it during those three weeks. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
yes junkman

Yes Junkman I could of drove it those three weeks but I didn't want to bother covering the mating surface in the car where the module goes. Not much room to get your hands in there. plus my inspection expired and didn't want to even try to get a new one till it was fixed. So now off to get inspected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ABS & Anti Skid Warning Lights Stay On

Whoa,

Followed advice and found the following warning codes:

10 PCM PO 856 HC

28 TCS No Comm

58 SDM U 1040 HC

60 IPC U 1040 H

A1 RCDM B 2283 H
B 2285 H
U 1064 H

A6 SCM B 2860 H

Does this mean it is time to trade up to the Stingray?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Whoa,

Followed advice and found the following warning codes:

10 PCM PO 856 HC

28 TCS No Comm

58 SDM U 1040 HC

60 IPC U 1040 H

A1 RCDM B 2283 H
B 2285 H
U 1064 H

A6 SCM B 2860 H

Does this mean it is time to trade up to the Stingray?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Step 1: Fill out your profile to include the YEAR of your vehicle, not just "C5".

Step 2: Describe the exact problem that you are having. Do not leave it up to us to assume what is wrong with your car. If you need to, start your own thread, it's free.

Welcome to DC. You should introduce yourself. We have quite a few members, self company included who are from Kentucky. :buhbye:

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Hey Gang, time has come for me to send my ABS module out to have repaired. My question to you all is, where is this module located? I have all 4 codes present that occur when this part goes out. I did a search for the thread on where the module is to no avail. Your help is always appreciated:thumbsup::cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Mark, we need to show you how to use Google. :D

It's the silver box in the top-right corner of this picture with the "SB" bar code on it. It is attached to another part where all the brake lines meet.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Thank you AJ:thumbsup: I did Google it and was led astray by someone who thought it was above the trans and diff. So I came back to a place that has great people who have done it before and can help. I looked under the hood today, and really couldn't see the module. According to your pic, it is mounted to the bottom of the abs pump? My apologies for sounding like a simpleton:smack

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
No, mounted to the right side of the pump if you are sitting in the car. You may have to look UNDER the radiator hose to see it.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Mark, we need to show you how to use Google. :D

It's the silver box in the top-right corner of this picture with the "SB" bar code on it. It is attached to another part where all the brake lines meet.

How have You been Junk ?
That MOFO.....he can go **** himself.

Been busy.
Doing Ok Junk ?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Welcome back Brian. Now BE GOOD so that I can see you around here daily!

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Welcome back Brian. Now BE GOOD so that I can see you around here daily!
The Next Time some Needle Dick Peckerhead starts **** with My Bud Junk I will PM YOU 1ST .

****ENASSMOTHERFUCKER CODE RED.

We Have Drag Racing to do in 2015 Junk.
You and me will Pilot the 1970-1/2 TA.
9-Second ET Performance before Giggle gas button pressed.

That Faggot with LSX 66 Target #1.
You Collect the $50k thousand for Us Junk.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts