Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m receiving a service active handling message in my DIC. This has occurred on several occasions recently. When I shut the ignition off and then restart the vehicle the message is no longer displayed. I researched the problem using the search function in the forum and the consensus is to check the stored codes using a scan tool. I’ve done this and I get the message no trouble codes present. Do I need a specific scan tool or should all OBD II scan tools be able to check for these handling codes?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Of course clear all the codes

Check the Ground wire and associated Harness at the back of the car

I'd post you a photo of the area but I can't seem to get my GM eSI disc to reload

I just had this problem and was able to fix it

By Improving the ground wire at the rear of the car

My car is an 03Z06

This might not be your problem

I just thought I would pass it on

Bon

·
Registered
606 Posts
I’m receiving a service active handling message in my DIC. This has occurred on several occasions recently. When I shut the ignition off and then restart the vehicle the message is no longer displayed. I researched the problem using the search function in the forum and the consensus is to check the stored codes using a scan tool. I’ve done this and I get the message no trouble codes present. Do I need a specific scan tool or should all OBD II scan tools be able to check for these handling codes?
If there is no stored codes via the DIC most cases is the battery has a weak cell and cannot handle the cold start amperage loads.
Many times battery can show about 14 volts but a weak cell will not allow battery to take cold start loads as the amperage is high

You need to use a battery load tester and even if battery is kinda good since there is battery draw even when the car is off is to use a battery tender that only puts out about 1 amp which keeps the battery at high levels

If there is "C" error codes then it could be the EBCM needs to be repaired.

Grounds can be a issue like the ground splice packs need to be opened and all male/female pins cleaned.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. The battery is less than a year old and the car is a daily driver so sitting for long periods of time is not an issue. I'll have to check the ground issues. The message comes on after driving about two to three miles first thing in the morning. Also the front rotors are really warped and in need of replacement. Brake pedal pulsates badly and may be messing with the active handling system.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You know that you don't need a scan tool to pull the codes on a C5? You can do it directly through the DIC. Also, ABSFixer.com has all the info that you could possibly need to resolve this issue, including the servicing of the module responsible for throwing the related codes.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You know that you don't need a scan tool to pull the codes on a C5? You can do it directly through the DIC. Also, ABSFixer.com has all the info that you could possibly need to resolve this issue, including the servicing of the module responsible for throwing the related codes.

Vtrick :nuts:

·
Registered
83 Posts
To the OP did you ever find out anything with this??

I have the same message (service traction system) come on the DIC when I cut on the Emergency flashers and Will stay on until I cut the car off, when I restart the car everything is normal and works fine as long as I don't use the flashers.

I have a history code of C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open
About 3 or 4 months back I changed the 3rd brake light to a LED one, could that have anything to do with it????

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
To the OP did you ever find out anything with this??

I have the same message (service traction system) come on the DIC when I cut on the Emergency flashers and Will stay on until I cut the car off, when I restart the car everything is normal and works fine as long as I don't use the flashers.

I have a history code of C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open
About 3 or 4 months back I changed the 3rd brake light to a LED one, could that have anything to do with it????
Man, that is weird! Do you have any issues with hyperflash? Also, when you did that third brake light, did you mess with any wiring near the wheel wells?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Well the intermittent problem turned into a permanent problem. My dash lit up like a Christmas tree and in the DIC I get the messages service ABS, service active handling and service traction control. I get code C 1214 H C which I am unable to clear. I tried all the free fixes listed on several corvette forums, like bad grounds, broken wires, blown fuses etc. to no avail. I finally pulled the EBCM and UPSed it to Brandon at ABSFIXER. I'll post my results when it's re-installed.
:WTF

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
In your situation, ABSFixer is probably going to be the solution.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Active Handling Problem no more

Well ABSfixer does it again! 218.00 and good as new.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Brandon Hite!
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad you got it fixed :cheers: I'm still working on mine but mine is a little different than yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts