Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 03 Anniv. serviced today for the 1st time. she was nervous but we made it thru with flying colors. Had a small leak from oil plug. Happy with the dealer, we had no problems and service was friendly . Ive heard from other posts about horror stories so we where a little freaked out. LOL Plus the oil change , lube, filter etc. was totally free this time. :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Yep, there are horror stories about dealer service departments.

But, then you here of places where they had superb Corvette techs.

So, if you can't get a recommendation for your area, you roll the dice and see what comes up.

Glad you had a good experience!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Bart said:
Had my 03 Anniv. serviced today for the 1st time. she was nervous but we made it thru with flying colors. Had a small leak from oil plug. Happy with the dealer, we had no problems and service was friendly . Ive heard from other posts about horror stories so we where a little freaked out. LOL Plus the oil change , lube, filter etc. was totally free this time. :cheers:

Yep, there are good dealers. We have one here in Tampa area. I have had my vettes to them more than once, always good results.
:)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
That's REALLY nice to hear
people find out i'm a mechanic at a dealer and ALL I HEAR is horror stories. There is a LOT of technicians like me that care about quality and spend the time training, I am in school at least 40-50 hours every year!
I'm glad a few of you are happy!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
JCswm said:
people find out i'm a mechanic at a dealer and ALL I HEAR is horror stories. There is a LOT of technicians like me that care about quality and spend the time training, I am in school at least 40-50 hours every year!
do you want to come work over here,i don't know if the vette guy is that hot.he can handle the service listed above,but any other work,i would have to cross my finger's.i can do most everything to fix my car except for major electrical problem's and tranny work.i have heard many positive stories also,just not where i live..

JCswm-good to see another good dealer/vette mechanic on-line.iv'e seen a few terrific one's on another forum,wish i lived near you all,i would be picking your brain constantly..:laughing:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
It's great to find a Service department at a dealership that you can trust. I would drive 30 miles to the one I trust but found one around the corner.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I have been working off and on for the last 11 months on a business plan for a Corvette only repair and performance center. we have one here in Phoenix (Tempe, actually) that does all manner of aftermarket mods, installs and dyno-runs, but their technicians aren't as well-versed in the fine art of troubleshooting and repair (a dying art form, in my opinion). My idea is to open a center that specializes in all generation Corvettes and can do mods, as well as Dealer service, repair, and P&B work. I have even been discussing this with GM trying to determine if there is a way my business could become certified to handle factory warranty claims. So far they have been my largest hurdle (besides the venture capital, of course).

I am getting ready to start a 6 month software project, so I will be shelving this pipe dream and re-visiting it next Spring. If any of you have ideas, insight, or suggestions, please feel free to email me with them.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'd LOVE to work at a 'vette only shop. I would think the only way you could do warranty repairs is if you "set-up shop" with an exisiting dealer and hired G.M. tech's
If you get it off the ground let me know!! I'll send you a resume
Good luck:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I think I got two of the worst experience. First when we took it in for a oil change. When the lot tech was bringing the vette around. He left the door open and it hit a cement flower pot. And be for that one. It was stolen by a tec that was fired. Fun times. Got it back a few states away. The cop new my grandpa. Lucky as **** on that one.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flower pot

:agree: Hitting flower pot & stealing car that would be considered poor service , but did bring back a fond memory of riding in my buddys old 60 something conv.duece. my friend resembled the late comedian John Candy as my friend was opening the door he backed up and hit a pole with door and door just fell off car. but watching him simply pick it up off the ground and re-installing it was the real hoot, Oh those were the days:rolling:

·
Registered
509 Posts
JCswm said:
:thumbsup:
I agree.. quality is important especially when it comes to vettes...
-Rick

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
now i gotta find a good muffler shop of some sort so i can get my new pipes put on... as soon as i talk to the commander into letting me purchase some:whip:

·
Registered
288 Posts
You guys with good experiences have to quit playing "I got a secret" and name names. That way, the good dealers get business, and the incompetents get shut out. I'll start. For guys in W. Tenn or E Ark, Chuck Hutton in Memphis has done a good job on my 2 visits. The vette advisor is Gary Pleasant.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have had exceptional service so far with my local dealer, & am in a very small town area. The owner, his father, & head service rep all own vettes & the dealership is a major supporter of the Niagara Corvette Club. Just my .02 worth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts