Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well started car this morning and all of a sudden the dreaded service colum lock, I already have the colum lock bypass installed,but fuel is shutting down,
what to do ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to get car towed to dealer cost me 120.00. they installed a new k harness and a new relay kit. all it cost me was the towing

·
Registered
594 Posts
Was your column lock bypass harness a GM piece or did you get it elsewhere?

I bought mine from Corvettes of Houston about this time last year. I installed it myself in less than 30 minutes and haven't had a problem since.

I've heard that it's better to NOT let GM do the fix...just wondering who did yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:huh: I'm facing the same problem just like you man! When i start the car and put it in D it just shuts off , is there anyway to cancel this system or should i just change it ?? need help ASAP.

Best regards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you should buy the bypass kit. all this will do is release the locking pin on steering wheel. and have the dealer install new relay kit and new k harness,this was done on my car and I have not had a problem since.

good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was your column lock bypass harness a GM piece or did you get it elsewhere?

I bought mine from Corvettes of Houston about this time last year. I installed it myself in less than 30 minutes and haven't had a problem since.

I've heard that it's better to NOT let GM do the fix...just wondering who did yours.
Would you please show us how did you install it and what connections need to do ?

Thank you!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I can't "show" you but I can tell you the instructions that come with the harness are very clear and you basically disconnect the factory harness and plug the bypass harness into the factory harness...very simple.

Believe me..if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!! :laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't "show" you but I can tell you the instructions that come with the harness are very clear and you basically disconnect the factory harness and plug the bypass harness into the factory harness...very simple.

Believe me..if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!! :laughing:
:smack Then i think i can do it too haha :laughing:

·
Registered
55 Posts
which CLB ( Colum lock bypass ) do you recommend

there are a few different brand names out there of CLB what brand name do you guys recommend I use my 03 coupe did the lock up on me, I freed it up with the turn da wheel to the R while slightly turning the key but now I need to get a bypass any pointers? thanks guys!:lookinup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts