Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Door Ajar, Low Fuel, Service Actv Handling, Service Traction Control, blah, blah, blah.

Got into the Z06 yesterday for the drive into work and got all the messages showing on the DIC. Pulled the car back into the garage and took the FORD into work.

Drove it into the dealer last night so hopefully I can get it back today. :(

What a PITA !!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
Don't you just love modern technology?
Hopefully it's just one bad sensor. You remember the saying? One bad sensor spoils the car?:D
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,746 Posts
That happened to mine when I first got it. It ended up being a loose ground connection. Of course it took them 3 visits to get it fixed. Haven't had any problems now in over 14K miles. Good luck on getting it going right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got off the phone with the service manager. They are not able to see the problem.:stick: They will keep looking into it.

:nuts:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
ragvette said:
Just got off the phone with the service manager. They are not able to see the problem.:stick: They will keep looking into it.

:nuts:
What ever happened? Have you gotten your car back yet??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stilcrazee said:
What ever happened? Have you gotten your car back yet??
Got the car back but the problem is not fixed. Drivers door computer module is causing the error codes on the DIC. The dealership didn't have one in stock and can't locate one from another dealership so they have it on order. 7 to 10 days before it comes in :(

I did have great service from the dealership :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
Glad to hear that a solution has been found, not corrected yet but at least found. More important that the dealership has performed well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
ragvette said:
Got the car back but the problem is not fixed. Drivers door computer module is causing the error codes on the DIC. The dealership didn't have one in stock and can't locate one from another dealership so they have it on order. 7 to 10 days before it comes in :(

I did have great service from the dealership :thumbsup:
There is a small device you can buy (I remember using a paper clip on my C4s) that connects two pins on the ALDL to display the error codes in the DIC. You need the shop manual to interpret them but that way you can go to the dealer and tell THEM what the problem is rather then having them tell you.

There is also software you can buy that comes with a cable to connect the ALDL to the serial port/USB port on a laptop. The software interprets the codes and prints a report you can take to the dealer. A side benefit is that you can use the software to manipulate the mappings and screw up (sorry, I meant "modify") things like fuel injector pulse width, etc.

I agree in advance you shouldn't have to do this but...

Good luck.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealership just called and the part is :excited:

The Z06 will be back on the road tonight. :thumbsup:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top