Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have a massge on my zo6 ( service traction control ) how can i solve it plz i need a help
Under the steering column is a connector for the telescoping column.
IF said connector works itself loose (due to the in-out motion) the DIC will throw that code. Both my C5 *&* C6 had this, both were fixed at dealer. FYI: Chevrolet issued a TSB on the problem. :thumbsup:

FWIW the "fix" for this is doubling-up the wires, AT THE CONNECTOR & taping 'em together. Then they cannot come loose, again.

Look around under the driver's side dash, the connector is for the telescoping steering wheel. This isn't a serious issue providing it's what it sounds like. Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Under the steering column is a connector for the telescoping column.
IF said connector works itself loose (due to the in-out motion) the DIC will throw that code. Both my C5 *&* C6 had this, both were fixed at dealer. FYI: Chevrolet issued a TSB on the problem. :thumbsup:

FWIW the "fix" for this is doubling-up the wires, AT THE CONNECTOR & taping 'em together. Then they cannot come loose, again.

Look around under the driver's side dash, the connector is for the telescoping steering wheel. This isn't a serious issue providing it's what it sounds like. Good luck. :cheers:

Really? Although it may not seem serious, there is evidence to the contrary. Maybe the OP ought to read POST(s) 1, and the summary in Post 23 of the following thread...

:: Z06 crash.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Really? Although it may not seem serious, there is evidence to the contrary. Maybe the OP ought to read POST(s) 1, and the summary in Post 23 of the following thread...[/URL]
NOT a serious repair; however, it's serious insofar the problem could lead to unpredictable results while the car's driven.

If this weren't serious it wouldn't have a warning, would it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
NOT a serious repair; however, it's serious insofar the problem could lead to unpredictable results while the car's driven.

If this weren't serious it wouldn't have a warning, would it.
You apparently miss the point.

Your remark in reference to “issue” was ambiguous at best. The issue is serious; the repair however is not a difficult one.

Simply didn’t want the OP, or anybody else, to be misled.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You apparently miss the point.
No, I get it.

Your remark in reference to “issue” was ambiguous at best. The issue is serious; the repair however is not a difficult one.
No ambiguity about it, we're in total agreement. :laughing:

Simply didn’t want the OP, or anybody else, to be misled.
Fair enough, a valid & justifiable concern.
Whether a dealer or owner makes the relatively easy repair, the "issue" does need to be addressed ASAP. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts