Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 coupe with a 6 speed. I like to have some fun and pull out and romp on it and get a little sideways sometimes. no big deal. well sometimes when i do it my display on my dash says service vehicle soon. if you turn it off it goes away...and you can hit the reset button and make it go away. i took it to the shop and i plugged the computer code reader into it and it didnt show a code. so now i just hit reset everytime it comes on. most of the time it doesnt do it...but sometimes it does. does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Nope has never happened to me. Are you putting the car in competitve driving mode before you have your "fun"?
You should check the codes in the DIC, not the computer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not a Z51. just a standard vette. a buddy of mine has an older camaro Z28..like a 95...and his light comes on sometimes when he does it too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
check engine

Or service engine soon, I think what your doing is just putting the light off, not clearing the code look for the code clearing instructions for your year, I had the TB, off my car and when I started it forgot to put one of the wire harness back on, got the light, had to go to the service manual to get the right proceedure to put the light out, they were quite a few steps

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
bakeman_94 said:
I have a 99 coupe with a 6 speed. I like to have some fun and pull out and romp on it and get a little sideways sometimes. no big deal. well sometimes when i do it my display on my dash says service vehicle soon. if you turn it off it goes away...and you can hit the reset button and make it go away. i took it to the shop and i plugged the computer code reader into it and it didnt show a code. so now i just hit reset everytime it comes on. most of the time it doesnt do it...but sometimes it does. does this happen to anyone else?
Bob, just for grins, follow this link and pull your codes again.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45541

Then, we'll see what ya got goin' on. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts