Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally was able to get the code pulled from the car. In case people dont know heres the story, the SES light would only come on certain times, and as soon as the car was turned off the light would go out and not come back on next time i got in the car. Its done this maybe 5 times, and its always cruising down a highway. Anyways as the title said i pulled code 32 which in the code book was low barometric pressure or EGR switch. Research on the internet says its an EGR circuit failure. anyways does anyone know where the EGR switch is located? Or does it just mean the EGR valve is bad? Any help would be appreciated, jay.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
On the TPI cars there was a sensor on the EGR crossover pipe that closed when the EGR gases heated it indicating to the ECM that the gases were flowing to intake.
Your car doesn't have that and the ECM "knows" gases are flowing by the change in manifold vac hence the reference to the faulty MAP sensor (low barometric pressure)
You need the factory diagnostics to work through the fault finding process.
I would start by checking elec connections to the EGR solenoid valve and vac connections to solenoid and EGR valve ,possibly removing valve and making sure it opens under vac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts