Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from the dead, she lives! I got her fired up for the first time today, drove her a little bit. Still some adjustments that will need to be made, but with no tuning other than some very basic timing work... it exceeds expectations. :partyon:

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:That makes for a great feeling

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Great feeling seeing it running again. :thumbsup:

How about some engine specs for us that aren't in the loop.

What plans for a hood do you have? Scoop? Cowl? High rise?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Is that a 144 blower? Thats what I have on mine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
That's such a huge rush to finally get your car up and runnin again,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a 144 blower! :) All forged internals in a 400 small block, 74cc AFR heads p/n 1038. A little over 9:1 C/R, supposedly running 5-7 psi boost. I'll have to get a boost gauge on here and confirm that.

On a side note, I'll have to look up what starter I put in there. Never thought hearing such a cool startup sound would make me smile. :)

As for a hood, I'm not entirely sure yet. I was looking at the 5 inch Glasstek hoods, but I also want to see what a local guy can offer modification wise. Going to have to find a solution quick! Lots of rain in Washington now. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
did the blower come with a new set of rear tires? :devil:

·
Registered
93 Posts
NICE! Man a lot of blown vettes popping up on the boards here lately........I love it...

So 400", good flowing AFR heads and I assume a nice blower cam.....are you sure that little 144 will feed all that motor? The combo looks good for force feeding but I wonder if the blower is enough? Either way you should make 500hp or so with 5-7psi...that should keep you busy for a while...:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I picked up the supercharger, then built the motor, but might be too much motor now! I was planning on using it on my 350 before. Now I'm going to be spinning the heck out of this thing with the tiny little pulley on there. I guess maybe we'll have to go bigger later. :) But right at this moment, I think I'm going to have more than enough. For now. :laughing:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah the 400", good flowing heads and blower cam(I assume) will be hungry for air. The lack of resistance through the intake tract will make it hard to get a decent amount of boost in it....I bet you will have to spin the crap out of that blower to get even 4-5 psi out of it...but the by product will be a ton of heat generated. Keep the 93 oct in it and stay on top of the timing, keep it conservative, keep the jetting rich and you should be ok...

I would love to see a 671, 2 600 holleys sitting up on that 400..... 700hp no problem....:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:laughing: Well, I'll look into that when I'm just totally bored with what I have now ...which I don't see happening too soon. From a 5 mph roll, this blows the tires away before the supercharger's even spun up yet.. So now, let's find some traction!
And then things will really start to break.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts