Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put a shift kit on their shark? Any information on this would be great. I know someone who installed this on their SS a long time ago and it had hard shifts, sometimes chirping tires from 1st to 2nd, etc. I would like to see if it benefits performance much, where to get it, and difficulty of installation. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I installed a Transco kit in my TH400. Just follow the directions, it's almost the easiest thing you can mod. And yes, I chirp the tires from 1 to 2.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to call Transco today, anyone know what type of transmission I need to tell them for a stock 81? I need to chirp my tires!

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Good decision, the TransGo NoYoYo kit is far superior to the B&M kit. The stock 81 came witha th350 3 speed automatic with lock up converter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I saw that B&M in a catalog, I figured with the cheaper price it probably wasn't as good as the Transgo. Here lately I am a firm believer in "get what you pay for." I noticed some people say Transco and some say Transgo, when I look it up both come up, but I think Transgo is the right spelling. Twin Turbo, are you the same Twin Turbo from Netvettes? How is everything? Making any progress on your vette?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Yeah, that's me :) progress is slow, btw all other netvettes are on corvettecrew.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know where I can order a Transgo shift kit? I looked it up on the internet, but some of the companies that advertised didn't have any in stock.

·
Registered
0 Posts
AlwaysWave said:
I installed a Transco kit in my TH400. Just follow the directions, it's almost the easiest thing you can mod. And yes, I chirp the tires from 1 to 2.
I have a transgo on my 700r-4 & I to chirp 2nd....If I give it full throtle she will get sideways on the 1-2 shift!:surprised :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay I am checking out Summit for the Transgo, it has THG - 350 Automatic non lockup for 69.99. It looks like this is the only one available for 81 corvette. I just wanted to make sure because earlier post said 81 corvette had lock-up. If anyone can tell I have no idea what I am doing or talking about. :laughing: Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
lblincoe said:
Twin Turbo, are you the same Twin Turbo from Netvettes? How is everything? Making any progress on your vette?
yup :cheers: progress is slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts