Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a quote today for painting my new hood and doing the fender line blend work.

Just to prep and paint the hood, with an overspray for color match..........$900:surprised

The fender edge fiberglass work..........$800:surprised

That was the only shop that could get me in and be ready for Power Tour.

Macco here I come...and the match work will happen at my liesure this winter.:(

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,418 Posts
I guess I'm in the wrong line of work. That is a whole chunk of change.:(

·
Registered
142 Posts
biltogo said:
I had a quote today for painting my new hood and doing the fender line blend work.

Just to prep and paint the hood, with an overspray for color match..........$900:surprised

The fender edge fiberglass work..........$800:surprised

That was the only shop that could get me in and be ready for Power Tour.

Macco here I come...and the match work will happen at my liesure this winter.:(
From one shark owner to the other sounds kind of fishy to me:lookinup:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Shocked !!!!!!!!!!!!

stingray said:
From one shark owner to the other sounds kind of fishy to me:lookinup:
Or they don't want the work. I'm getting into a time bind now. D&M Corvettes has the 72 and they're late with it. I'm getting date worried and pissed.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Shocked !!!!!!!!!!!!

biltogo said:
Or they don't want the work. I'm getting into a time bind now. D&M Corvettes has the 72 and they're late with it. I'm getting date worried and pissed.
Well, at least D&M knows how to paint a Corvette. They better get off their tushy and get that thing done!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I made arrangements with D&M for a week and a half prior to my bringing them the 72 last Monday to put in the PST polygraphite stuff. They were going to start on Tuesday and have it ready for me no later than Friday. They haven't even started on it:surprised :(

I brought it to them because of time constraints with my work hours. I could have the stuff done myself by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooooooooo pissed I can't sit still.

I want VetteWrench back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
biltogo said:
I made arrangements with D&M for a week and a half prior to my bringing them the 72 last Monday. They were going to start on Tuesday and have it ready for me no later than Friday. They haven't even started on it:surprised :(

I'm sooooooooooo pissed I can't sit still.

I want VetteWrench back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the aftermarket auto industry are all the same, you make an appointment for 8:am and when you get there they have 15 ahead of you. I have a 75 that was scheduled for last May 2002 for paint and it still isn't done and it is May 2003, your pissed:surprised

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made some calls yesterday morning. I found a shop near me that would do the suspension stuff and I found a Goodyear place that can do the wheel alignment. Then called D & M and told them to get the 72 ready for me to pick up. I told them I can't wait on them to keep my car sitting and work at their mismanaged schedule. I was going to Texas and have a serious time jam. The whole purpose of this work is to drive more safely. He perked up and gauranteed to be done this Friday. Needless to say, I expect this to be my last time dealing with that shop. I'm finding a few other places more local to me that are not Corvette specific shops, but are capable of doing the work I anticipate in the future.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
good to know you found some shops you can trust....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts