Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incredible video has surfaced after a local Fox News crew was attacked and beaten in Natomas, California on Sunday. The crew included a male reporter and a female videographer. Both were repeatedly struck, with the woman being pulled to the ground by her hair and kicked in the face. The crew was trying to cover reaction to a recent murder in the area.

The first video is a first-person perspective, showing video taken by the female attack victim working for Fox 40 in Sacramento:

Video in Link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shocking-vid-fox-crew-attacked-beaten-in-calif/

“This is one of the hazards of the business but we didn’t expect what we encountered here today,” said reporter John Lobertini.

Early this morning, a man who friends identify as 27-year-old Chester Jackson was shot and killed in a parking lot outside an IHOP in the 2900 block of Advantage Way. Sacramento Police say it started as a fight inside the restaurant.

Friends and family gathered at the scene Sunday and set up a memorial with candles and balloons.

When FOX40 reporter John Lobertini and photojournalist Rebecca Little approached around 4 p.m. to see if anyone wanted to talk about what happened, they were attacked.

Several people pulled Little to the ground by her hair and kicked her in the face. “When I fell on the ground I was protecting myself, and then she kicked me and I was still kinda paralyzed, and I hear my reporter John say, ‘get up, get up,’” said Little.

Lobertini was also attacked. “I was punched on the side of my face,” said Lobertini, “but it was a situation where I was trying to fight off 6 or 7 or 8 people, I can’t even count them.”

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
What a piece of work the people of this community are. Let's face it. If you are a journalist seeking the truth, you had better fear for your safety if you are covering Egypt or California. Pitiful.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a piece of work the people of this community are. Let's face it. If you are a journalist seeking the truth, you had better fear for your safety if you are covering Egypt or California. Pitiful.
Like I said, Obama & the obamabots are playing a dangerous game and will get people hurt and killed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Animals! They are the kind of individuals that are being bred, encouraged and accepted by our liberal leaders and their followers.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
These people were mourning the death of a family member

( A private event)

Then the News Media shows up to Profit off of it,

And broadcast it across the nation

This pisses people off

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

( A private event)

This pisses people off
Early this morning, a man who friends identify as 27-year-old Chester Jackson was shot and killed in a parking lot outside an IHOP in the 2900 block of Advantage Way. Sacramento Police say it started as a fight inside the restaurant.

Friends and family gathered at the scene Sunday and set up a memorial with candles and balloons.

When FOX40 reporter John Lobertini and photojournalist Rebecca Little approached around 4 p.m. to see if anyone wanted to talk about what happened, they were attacked.

So... what exactly did the news crew do wrong?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
their own home? private
a churck or place of worship? private
a cemetary" private
IHOP parking lot? deffinately NOT private

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It's common for people to return to the scene where there loved one was killed, to place flowers and Memorial items
that represent that persons life as they wish to remember him

Then the media shows to Broadcast it all Nationwide

*Thats like if you had a son that died due to drunk driving and then the Media shows up to his funeral to broadcast it Nationally*

Most people aren't going to like this

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

( A private event)

This pisses people off
Looked to me like this took place on a public street. Murders are news, and newspeople have every right to be on public property. Sorry, but in civil society, there is NEVER an excuse to assault a person who is not trying to physically harm you.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Like I said, Obama & the obamabots are playing a dangerous game and will get people hurt and killed.
What an ass!! I fail to see what this has to do with Obama.

:crazy:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The news crew if anything would help the situation IMO because someone may see the broadcast and may be able to come forward and put closure to this unfortunate situation. Attacking the news crew is outrageous and I dont understand it at all. But what I really dont understand is blaming Obama and liberals. What do they have to do what a select few ignorant people do?

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
This entire story is just ****in stupid. First of all the crowd did not attack the woman holding the camera. One other woman did. Another woman pushed the woman away that was hitting the camera person and blocked anyone else from getting close to her. Then she pushed the interviewer away teling him to get away in order to stop any other violence.

It seems odd to me that all the other news crews stood quite a bit away from the crowd. It seems that the people at this memorial did not want to be interviewed as one of the women was saying but it looked like the interviewer just kept pushing. Then when the man came up and pushed the camera away an argument started about the right to film the event.

This seems like the network making hay out of a non-story. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
What an ass!! I fail to see what this has to do with Obama.

:crazy:
Duh!!!!! Isn't it obvious. The people who commited this violent act are obviuosly Obama family members. Obviuosly Vettenewb has information that we just are not privy to. I mean hell you cannot possibly be doubting his integrity about the truth of what he posts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Duh!!!!! Isn't it obvious. The people who commited this violent act are obviuosly Obama family members. Obviuosly Vettenewb has information that we just are not privy to. I mean hell you cannot possibly be doubting his integrity about the truth of what he posts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
They deserved it. They were trying to escalate the situation. The crew should have simply apologized and and did the story later.

Fox 40 sucks. They always have.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
They deserved it. They were trying to escalate the situation. The crew should have simply apologized and and did the story later.

Fox 40 sucks. They always have.
Damn. Whether you agree with this type of news coverage or not, these news people had a right to be doing what they were doing. If they had gone inside a church or home with their cameras and lights it would be different. But if you choose to hold a memorial on a street corner for someone killed in a newsworthy fashion, you shouldn't be surprised if news people show up. And if you assault those news people, you should be arrested and convicted.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Damn. Whether you agree with this type of news coverage or not, these news people had a right to be doing what they were doing. If they had gone inside a church or home with their cameras and lights it would be different. But if you choose to hold a memorial on a street corner for someone killed in a newsworthy fashion, you shouldn't be surprised if news people show up. And if you assault those news people, you should be arrested and convicted.
Tex, I don't know if you looked at the footage shot by other news crews at the scene.(There are two other views of what happened and are just a little further down in the article that was linked to) But in one of the videos, you see the interviewer and camera person come up very close to a person and actualy startle her. They are asked to leave them alone but it looks like this news crew tries to incite them. Perhaps that was the story they decided to go for since there wasn't much other story here.

I do not condone the violence that took place but at the same time if you play with fire you sometimes get burned.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Tex, I don't know if you looked at the footage shot by other news crews at the scene.(There are two other views of what happened and are just a little further down in the article that was linked to) But in one of the videos, you see the interviewer and camera person come up very close to a person and actualy startle her. They are asked to leave them alone but it looks like this news crew tries to incite them. Perhaps that was the story they decided to go for since there wasn't much other story here.

I do not condone the violence that took place but at the same time if you play with fire you sometimes get burned.
I agree that news crews should be sensitive to grieving people and give them space. I'm not sure if these guys were over the line or not. But beating people up is simply not an option.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts