Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I finnaly bought my sway bars. C6 Z06 Sway bars and poly bushings, with steel end links. I have a budget of $400 for shocks. Im thinking of getting either c6 Z shocks, Bilestein sports, or Bilstein HD. What is the best bang for the buck. Or is there another type of shock that I can get with in that price range.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey guys I finnaly bought my sway bars. C6 Z06 Sway bars and poly bushings, with steel end links. I have a budget of $400 for shocks. Im thinking of getting either c6 Z shocks, Bilestein sports, or Bilstein HD. What is the best bang for the buck. Or is there another type of shock that I can get with in that price range.
i put bilstein sports on but found they raised my car .went back to the oem z06 shocks. now i have pfadt coil overs. so i would be happy to sell you my 2003 z06 shocks.also have the factory springs with rear lowering bolts and urethane bushings. $300.00 for all ,you pay shipping. do not get the heavy duty bilsteins if you go bilstein stay with the sports if you dont mind a little height. my ph # 954 435 6667. good luck

paul

·
Banned
591 Posts
I have Bilstein Sports and they did not raise my car
I highly doubt that the gas pressure is high enough for it to permanently raise the car.
Maybe when you first put them on , but long term I seriously doubt it and it sure hasn't been the case on my car.

I'm happy for the price
If you race you probably should get something adjustable.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I have Bilstein HD shocks and love them. I am lowered on WCC bolts and the ride is stiff but not too bad. Never had any issues or complaints, drag race too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I currently have the Bilstein Sports, and I love them, they are great when you term it 'bang for your buck' The only ones I would replace these with would be the pfadt coilovers, but my pockets aren't quite that deep at the moment... But they too shall come soon enough. But if you ask for my 2cents, I would say the Bilstein Sports, I have had no issues with them at all, and the ride height wasn't affected at all by these for me:D

Good luck, let us know which ones you go with:partyon:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Anybody that has installed the C6Z shocks has raved about the difference. Plus they're relatively cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I just bought a set of Bilstein sports for my friend. They were $327.00 but the vendor knocked off a few bucks beause I was a nice guy. They're not a vendor here but I did ask him about a GP. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys im not buying shocks till January, I will you up then. Think im gonna go with bilstien.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I have a Z51 suspension, 3 inch drop on bilstein sports. Little rough but thats mostly the Z51, i will be going to LG coilovers next year sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts