Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Alot of people have, Moton? Penske? Koni? Bilstein? LG? Pfadt?
How big is your budget and what do you plan to do with the car?
What improvements are you looking for?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Candyass, thanks for your repley.
I basically use my beast on the road and at times club track driving.
I was thinking in the direction of shock change and sway bar.
What say you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Candyass, thanks for your repley.
I basically use my beast on the road and at times club track driving.
I was thinking in the direction of shock change and sway bar.
What say you.
I dont have a Z06 so I cant speak directly to your questions but i do have a regular C6 with Z51 suspension and the Bilsteins made a nice improvement over the stock Z51 shocks on my car. There was a member at the other forum "shawndfw" that has a z and went to the Bilsteins and had the same type of comments I have about them. The bilsteins seem to give you more control and only slightly stiffer ride. I use my car the same way you do. You could do the new Koni sports if you want some adjustability, I dont want to mess with that as that is just more to screw with you on track days, and i dont want to spend my weekend tuning shocks. If you are truly a track rat and have pockets full of money then Penske from Hardbar or Motons would be the way to go.
In closing i say get the bilsteins, they are pretty cheap at $300 per set and if that does not do it, you can always sell the Bilsteins and get $200 to put towards the next step.
As far as sway bars I have heard good things about Hotchkis and T1 bars, If you need full adjustability with the bars I think Pfadt would be the way to go.
Let us know what you do and how it works for you.:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts