Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you know whats going on in my car. Its been there for more than a month and I've gotten some really bad excuses about things that have happened with the car. I took it to get new ported heads installed, cam swap, bottom end work, gears etc.
:spanked:

I was told a couple days ago that some ported/polished heads that I bought off ebay don't fit right. That it was milled too much and are "useless":WTF ok i buy it and ask them for the heads back but they didn't get a chance to take it off last friday or saturday. But since then ive been on them like a hawk and my patience is gone now.

but guess what? today tops them all. The shop guy calls me and tells me that he has good news!! Even though my heads were "useless" his machine shop guy was able to WELD SOME ALUMINUM ON THE THE HEADS TO FIX THEM AND THEY CAME OUT PERFECT!?!?:WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF

where the heck did they come out with this? I'm not a freakin retard! Honestly I had a laugh at work about this. My friend Eli was the guy who recommended him and has felt really bad about the way im being treated so he went monday morning when the shop opened to find out what is going on.

he says when he got there he talked to the shop's owner and explained what is going on with my situation. He then says his friend came by the shop(the one giving me all these excuses) and told him they were able to fix the heads by welding them.

now listen closely. I was told by the shop on sunday that the heads were at the machine shop being "fixed". On monday morning my friend Eli says my engine was still assembled and somehow got the heads welded and fixed WITHOUT any scaring or anything.

Im going with him tomorrow to get my car out of there and honestly like most of you guys know they are lying to me. I don't even think they worked on my bottom end but still charged me for a rebuild kit and machine shop labor. I just think they wanted to get more money out of me. Its been a nightmare but what they told me today is just so funny. RETARDS!!!:down:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Make sure you get all your stock parts. Good luck and they would have a hard time getting any money from me when I picked up the car...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked for ALL my parts back but honestly I dont think im going to get my pistons back for the supposedly "bottom end rebuild" they did. but we'll see

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Hey tell them "no parts, no money"
I went through this eons ago with a bug my wife owned when we were dating. They tried to charge her for a 4 wheel brake job with new drums so when I went and picked up the car I asked for the old parts. They couldn't produce them so I took the car and left without paying.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hate to say it man...but its El Paso.

I lived there for 5 years and my folks are living there now, it was a nightmare to try and find good service there. Especially with more exotic cars, and more advanced work, the techs there really don't know what they are doing. It helps to know exactly who's doing the work. Don't expect your car tomorrow, because El Paso is the land of Manana.

Don't give up though, you will find a reputable repair/specialty shop eventually.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I'd make sure those were the correct heads they "fixed". Go get your car out of there!:thud:

·
Registered
179 Posts
ive been welding for awhile now and to try and weld aluminum is a [email protected] And it never comes out perfect. I hope everything works out buddy.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the thing. They are lying about everything. I really don't know why but I just think to buy time. I really don't know why they would say anything like that but the thing is that nothing happened. They are building my engine really slow and are telling me these excuses to buy time.

its very hard to understand why they would come with these stupid excuses. its been a very long month. Hope to have it back tomorrow or something.

but the problem is I already paid. im going to insist all the parts but im guessing all they did was the heads and cam. I really think they charged me for the bottom end work but was never done. I got screwed pretty much. But ill have to wait and see tomorrow to see what I can prove.:down:

HONESTLY i think they were trying to find a reason to keep my old stock heads that they took off. By telling me the new heads were useless im sure they wanted me to tell them to get rid of them or something but instead SELL my old stock heads and pretend the heads that I bought off ebay were my old stock heads but ported. But I told them instead i was returning them to get my money back. then all of a sudden they "fixed" the "useless heads" perfectly. its retarded i know.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I hate to say it,but it may be time to get a laywer involved.There changing the parts and their story so many times to add confussion and doubt..
I would be checking out that gear install as well,they sound like a bunch of monkey's ****in a football....:crazy:

·
Registered
313 Posts
thats the thing. They are lying about everything. I really don't know why but I just think to buy time. I really don't know why they would say anything like that but the thing is that nothing happened. They are building my engine really slow and are telling me these excuses to buy time.

its very hard to understand why they would come with these stupid excuses. its been a very long month. Hope to have it back tomorrow or something.

but the problem is I already paid. im going to insist all the parts but im guessing all they did was the heads and cam. I really think they charged me for the bottom end work but was never done. I got screwed pretty much. But ill have to wait and see tomorrow to see what I can prove.:down:

HONESTLY i think they were trying to find a reason to keep my old stock heads that they took off. By telling me the new heads were useless im sure they wanted me to tell them to get rid of them or something but instead SELL my old stock heads and pretend the heads that I bought off ebay were my old stock heads but ported. But I told them instead i was returning them to get my money back. then all of a sudden they "fixed" the "useless heads" perfectly. its retarded i know.

:WTF Wow. bro, i have been reading about your troubles and i feel sorry what they are doing to your baby. I would just get my car the Fu*$ out of thier and try to get you money back or something. They are bull shitting you left and right. they just see young kids like us and they think we have $$ to spend just cuz we drive a vette which gets to me, especially when they try to pull some **** like this. :down:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I read the sticky first, them came here. This is a lotta bad man.

Are you sure they were lying to buy time? Even a jackass mechanic would tell you he just needed more time, not make silly excuses like this guy.

Put together or not, running or not, I would tow it out ASAP!

Im going with him tomorrow to get my car out of there
Yep b/c tomorrow afternoon would be too late. ASAP man ASAP! Tow it home until you can locate a reputable shop to take it to. Take pictures of the lower end if you can. It's best from under the car. Take pics of everything! Jot down as much info as possible in case you get a lawer involved. If these cats are as inept as you make them out to be, start that car up and you will need one. I would have it inspected before turning the key.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am going to pick up my car. but i know most of you guys can't really imagine a shop making these stupid excuses but honestly I really think they are. I guess you have to be in my shoes for the past month and after gathering all their excuses together it just doens't make sense. They rather come up with lies about them fixing problems with my car and looking good than telling me they need more time and looking lazy and incompetent.

after all this crap I just really want my car back. I really miss my baby and have grown really attached to my car.

·
Registered
501 Posts
get a roll-back truck lined up to retrieve your car....call your local police dept and tell them you expect trouble at the shop and would like an officer present when you go to get your car (be polite and calm, the police usually are quite happy to assist, they know repair shops are often thieves)...the repair shop will not give the police officer the b/s that they will surely try to give you.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
ONE MORE SHINNING EXAMPLE OF WHY I AND YOU SHOULD DO 90% PLUS OF MY & YOUR, OWN WORK ON THE CORVETTES WE OWN ,WHEN EVER POSSIABLE!
EVERY shop Ive ever had work done at was either VASTLY over priced or staffed with thieves , SCAM ARTISTS and IDIOTS

damn I wish more of you guys were located closer, we could assist each others projects and save a #%$%^ TON of money and KNOW it was done CORRECTLY!

I guess thats how most of us learn and/or are forced into learning how to work on our own cars

·
Banned
97 Posts
I know most of you know whats going on in my car. Its been there for more than a month and I've gotten some really bad excuses about things that have happened with the car. I took it to get new ported heads installed, cam swap, bottom end work, gears etc.
:spanked:

I was told a couple days ago that some ported/polished heads that I bought off ebay don't fit right. That it was milled too much and are "useless":WTF ok i buy it and ask them for the heads back but they didn't get a chance to take it off last friday or saturday. But since then ive been on them like a hawk and my patience is gone now.

but guess what? today tops them all. The shop guy calls me and tells me that he has good news!! Even though my heads were "useless" his machine shop guy was able to WELD SOME ALUMINUM ON THE THE HEADS TO FIX THEM AND THEY CAME OUT PERFECT!?!?:WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF

where the heck did they come out with this? I'm not a freakin retard! Honestly I had a laugh at work about this. My friend Eli was the guy who recommended him and has felt really bad about the way im being treated so he went monday morning when the shop opened to find out what is going on.

he says when he got there he talked to the shop's owner and explained what is going on with my situation. He then says his friend came by the shop(the one giving me all these excuses) and told him they were able to fix the heads by welding them.

now listen closely. I was told by the shop on sunday that the heads were at the machine shop being "fixed". On monday morning my friend Eli says my engine was still assembled and somehow got the heads welded and fixed WITHOUT any scaring or anything.

Im going with him tomorrow to get my car out of there and honestly like most of you guys know they are lying to me. I don't even think they worked on my bottom end but still charged me for a rebuild kit and machine shop labor. I just think they wanted to get more money out of me. Its been a nightmare but what they told me today is just so funny. RETARDS!!!:down:
If I were you I would get my **** out of there, Get all my parts and make sure they didn't **** anything else up to. I would not pay them a dime. Depending on how pissed off, I was I might would call an attorney.I have been following your story and something is not right with the shop you are using its just to much bs going on.

·
Registered
313 Posts
ONE MORE SHINNING EXAMPLE OF WHY I AND YOU SHOULD DO 90% PLUS OF MY & YOUR, OWN WORK ON THE CORVETTES WE OWN ,WHEN EVER POSSIABLE!
EVERY shop Ive ever had work done at was either VASTLY over priced or staffed with thieves , SCAM ARTISTS and IDIOTS

damn I wish more of you guys were located closer, we could assist each others projects and save a #%$%^ TON of money and KNOW it was done CORRECTLY!

I guess thats how most of us learn and/or are forced into learning how to work on our own cars
:agree: If i lived next to you grumpy i would be there every weekend :laughing:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey grumpy!.....Are there any property's for sale in you area? I've got enough projects to keep both of us busy for years!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Hey grumpy!.....Are there any property's for sale in you area? I've got enough projects to keep both of us busy for years!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
actually this is an excellent time to buy, in this area and theres alot of choices, prices around here were going up rapidly but are now falling at least slightly for the last year, (it won,t last long)

keep in mind, most houses are on 1.25 or 5 acre lots and are 2500 sq feet or larger and horse farms, and plant nuserys and rural living is the norm

http://www.timlwatts.com/more_listings.php?id=1123&source=homegain

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm in agreeance with the rest of the world on this one. Get that car the hell out of there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts