Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local speed shop to buy a consumers shop manual for my 01 vette and his catalogs said chiltons and hayes doesn't cover C5's. Is this true or is there another company that makes a good shop manual for C5's that common men(or women)with good mechanic skills can understand? I would like to acquire one so i can understand my vette better. Car is going awesome so far. Love the mileage 30mpg on trip and 20 to 25 mpg around town! talk about a economy car with power!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
do a search for helms manuals,i have the 3 set for my 07 z and mitchel manuals for my 01. DO NOT get weekend do it yourselfers,get the one the dealers use, they will pay for themselfs

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
'his catalogs said chiltons and hayes doesn't cover C5's."

That's true, they don't. You can also find the 3 volume service manuals on E-Bay.

·
Registered
414 Posts
'his catalogs said chiltons and hayes doesn't cover C5's."

That's true, they don't. You can also find the 3 volume service manuals on E-Bay.
Those are hard to find for a 2001 Coupe for some reason.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Check out Ecklers.

2001 Service Manual

Covers routine maintenance procedures, minor mechanical repair and adjustments, electric information and the Corvette body. These manuals were supplied to the dealer for servicing your Corvette and in some cases include service information for other GM car models as well.

Note: Set includes 3 manuals.

Item# 41147
In Stock
$199.99 set

1 - 6 of 6 Posts