Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
little bored today so i decided to mount the camera in front of the naca duct so you can hear the air being sucked into the engine..

http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=fa04aaf37f137a1d9d3e
Wow !! I got too close to the laptop and it actually drained my sinuses :laughing:

I've been toying with the idea of changing the intake. I hear about the Halltech, the K&N, Breathless Performance, etc. I assume you did some research on this.......is it more hype than substance ? Did you do your own install ? Are you happy with what you've got (sounds awesome) ?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow! Thats not at all what I was expecting! I have a K&N Aircharger, and when I blip the throttle I get a deep, gutteral suction noise, but with the KBAAIS, its sounds higher pitched and I guess quicker... very unique sound. Let us know the gains you've gotten with this setup

Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow !! I got too close to the laptop and it actually drained my sinuses :laughing:

I've been toying with the idea of changing the intake. I hear about the Halltech, the K&N, Breathless Performance, etc. I assume you did some research on this.......is it more hype than substance ? Did you do your own install ? Are you happy with what you've got (sounds awesome) ?
I bought the Halltech because I used their products in the past and was pleased. I know Jim takes a lot of his personal time making sure this kit was right before it was shipped out.

A big plus for me was the 103mm MAF housing and straight tubing to the throttle body. That was a big chocking point of the stock AIS

·
Registered
6 Posts
shannonb, do you know of any good shops that may be interested in installing a few mods on my new Z when..... err i mean if it ever arrives(the wait is killing me)? not really any shops here in greenville that have a rear wheel dyno, and was wondering if you knew of any in the triangle area? or further east, thats a bonus.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shannonb, do you know of any good shops that may be interested in installing a few mods on my new Z when..... err i mean if it ever arrives(the wait is killing me)? not really any shops here in greenville that have a rear wheel dyno, and was wondering if you knew of any in the triangle area? or further east, thats a bonus.

R.P.M. right outside Raleigh in Garner will be doing all my work on the car in the future. The owner does the majority of the tuning down there as well.
Number is 661-rwhp

·
Registered
121 Posts
RW dyno? any dyno that has room for a set of drive tires should be able to take your car.... dynos aren't specific to RWD or FWD...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Wow! Thats not at all what I was expecting! I have a K&N Aircharger, and when I blip the throttle I get a deep, gutteral suction noise, but with the KBAAIS, its sounds higher pitched and I guess quicker... very unique sound. Let us know the gains you've gotten with this setup

Mike

The dyno above was done yesterday in CA comparing our F1 RACE Filter to the Killer Bee AAIS. The Killer Bee literally stung the life out of the F1. Killed it and left it for dead.:D

Earlier this week Patrick and I dynoed our cars in IL. This was our A-B-A Dead Man's Dyno. The first 3 pulls were done with the Killer Bee AAIS, pull 4 with the stock LS7 AIS and stock filter, pull 5 was back to the Killer Bee. +12 RWHP/+12 ft. lbs.

The torque had spikes that ruined the graph, so I left them out. You can see the chart on our website: www.CorvetteLS7.com

Jim

·
Registered
939 Posts
Jim, that is impressive data! have you installed any Killer Bee's on an LS2?

·
Registered
6 Posts
RW dyno? any dyno that has room for a set of drive tires should be able to take your car.... dynos aren't specific to RWD or FWD...
thats what i meant. :laughing: i have a freind who runs a shop here in greenville that works on older hot rods, and he has a dyno, but it is a crankshaft dyno, not a wheel dyno. not looking to remove the engine for a few pulls. :devil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts