Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goes i have something to ask from you guys i have 10000cash the vette i want cost 29000 the wife says wait until next year when i have all the money should i beg borrow or steal to get the vette this year or do what the mrs says i definetely would like to hear the pros &cons thanks

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks will take that into consideration

·
Registered
822 Posts
well if you are saying that you would have 29,000 cash next year get it now and finance with the 10 grand you should be set to make payments till you can pay it all off in a year.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ok... that was kind of depressing:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What ever you do make sure you and the wife are clear on what your doing. I got my first Vette without talking it over with the wife, bad idea. :nuts: :thud: Of course everyone here, including me will say BUY IT NOW! :partyon: :cheers: But if she won't agree to that you could try this, it worked for me, on the second Vette purchase. Tell her that you are going to save some more money but you will buy the car this fall when prices are lower. Do some winter projects, take it out on those nice pre-salt/snow days, and by this time next spring, pay it off! :buhbye:

P.S. this advice will cost you........You must post pictures and tell us how it turns out:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I always thought it was easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission. :whip:

Beside how much is the interest going to be for one year? Driving this summer should out wiegh the interest. Also what will the same vette cost you next year, probably more then the interest you pay this year.

Just my opinion.:thumbsup:

Chuck

·
Registered
129 Posts
DON'T BUY NOW. GIVE ME YOUR $10000 AND I'LL KEEP IF FOR YOU SAFE AND SOUND TIL YOU WANT IT BACK. TRUST ME!!!!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Life is way too short...if you already have all your other bases covered, spend the cash & pay it off next year. I debated the same thing on my first one & I waited about 2 years longer than I needed to. Do it! By the way, what exactly are you considering purchasing C5/C6?

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a c5 shes keeps saying with should spend the money on a truck since it snows heavily in NY but thanks i will really try to get it this year and of course it has to be a convertible with manual transmission i heard that is the only way to drive a vette that is what i heard lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very nice, the C5 convertible is gorgeous (I'm slightly biased), I live in metro-detroit and the first time I saw this car in the summer of '96 before they were really out in the public I knew had to have one. Go with a dark color black/Navy/Green...hard to keep clean, but the look the best IMO! Good luck!

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i allready have it picked out its a blue convertible with 55000 miles 6 speed .

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
There has been some valid points made here. You can usually find a reason to put it off, so go for it, is certainly a good one. Have you thought about putting 9k down on the car, and giving the better half 1k to go wild with? :) You sometimes do need to keep her happy and get her on board, but I waited and waited, and wished I hadn't. There is nothing better than driving a Corvette! :) Hope you find a happy medium with your wife and are able to get one, like now!

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to wait until next year that way i have more money to buy so i dont have to borrow. P lus the wife is very happy about that decision :thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahh come on guys ease up a little:nuts:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
It took my dad to finally slap me up side the head(didn't really slap me) for me to pull the trigger on my 96. Best advice I ever got. There is nothing like walking into your garage and seeing a vette sitting there. I still find excuses to go and sneak a peak at her. My advice, just do it! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts