Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a gorgeous GS ragtop, but it has black interior. I still think the black is the better looking of the 2 colors, but I want red for the "rarity" factor.

The GS I found has 4500 miles, local car, 1 owner, and is the original owner of my red car. He has all the paperwork, records, etc.

Thoughts?? Feelings?? :cheers:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Hold-out,isn't that why you sold the other one?In the gallery i saw that super fine callaway G.S. and has red interior.I can't believe tht you haven't found one,for sale anyway.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Take if for the records and low miles, and keep looking. If you find the red you shouldn't have any problem selling the low miler.

·
Registered
0 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Take if for the records and low miles, and keep looking. If you find the red you shouldn't have any problem selling the low miler.
:agree: Make a modest offer(since its not the one you really want)...If they accept go for it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've made my offers and counteroffers. It ain't cheap, but fairly priced for the market.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
96LT4 said:
I've made my offers and counteroffers. It ain't cheap, but fairly priced for the market.

:cheers:
Two things are key here, the market... and the sellers situation.

If he doesn't "need" to sell it, you are gonna PAY for it. If he is desperate, anyone with a decent offer and cash-money will get the car.

How bad does he want to sell?

I like the black interior the best. I enjoy not having to detail the seats!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hawaii-5-lo said:
Hold-out,isn't that why you sold the other one?
Yes and no. I sold my other one for lots of little reasons that just annoyed the hell outta me....no history on the car, car needed pait work, whole right side had been painted, underside of the hood used to be blue, had a minor oil leak, didn't like to go into 3rd gear, front marker lamps were all sandblasted, seats were uncomfortable as hell, and more.

Just made sense to take the money and run, and look for something better. :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick96LT4 said:
Two things are key here, the market... and the sellers situation.

If he doesn't "need" to sell it, you are gonna PAY for it. If he is desperate, anyone with a decent offer and cash-money will get the car.

How bad does he want to sell?

I like the black interior the best. I enjoy not having to detail the seats!
He says he doesn't need the money, but he's been in and out of the hospital as of late. My feeling is he does, but he hasn't come down on price that much, but he is moving. I don't want to lose the car either. :smokin:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
96LT4 said:
Yes and no. I sold my other one for lots of little reasons that just annoyed the hell outta me....no history on the car, car needed pait work, whole right side had been painted, underside of the hood used to be blue, had a minor oil leak, didn't like to go into 3rd gear, front marker lamps were all sandblasted, seats were uncomfortable as hell, and more.

Just made sense to take the money and run, and look for something better. :buhbye:
:surprised good call.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought so. Just wished I would have pulled my rotors off of her. :(

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
HOLD OUT...you won't be happy with the black interior

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Get what you want, want what you get

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would just play with this guy, this isnt a must have. If you get it you know you got a nice one, if not o well it wasnt exactly what you wanted. Make an offer, if he comes back good, if no o well it wasnt ment to be.

Just dont be kicking yourself in 3 months saying I wish I had the chance.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
1badz06 said:
I would just play with this guy, this isnt a must have. If you get it you know you got a nice one, if not o well it wasnt exactly what you wanted. Make an offer, if he comes back good, if no o well it wasnt ment to be.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark
:agree:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1badz06 said:

Just my 2 cents.

Mark
I think I might be doing that if I lose this car. It's the cleanest GS I've ever seen, next to Pat's when he first bought it before all the smokey burn outs and wild women. :rolling: :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts