Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
show us your....
engine compartments.im polishing and painting everything myself,i dont get to go to huge corvette meets,so this is were i steal ideas from heres mine,a work in progress.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
How did you paint them? What type of paint did you use?

That looks great! I almost wouldn't do any more, because it's perfect as it is.....

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick96LT4 said:
How did you paint them? What type of paint did you use?

That looks great! I almost wouldn't do any more, because it's perfect as it is.....
i wiped down the plastic with plenty of mineral spirits,i used the brake caliper paint that i did my calipers with,so it would all match.about 3 coats and then a nice clear coat.its been a few months already,no chips or scratchs,clean with simple green.the digital camera hides the polished aluminum,thats were the work is.it looks way better in person.were is yours?later,Todd.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks nice:thumbsup: I painted mine all in red (fuel covers, 2 tans, and fan shroute). Plan to pain the intake manifold and air tube pewter in the very near future.
:cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
nice car Mike:cheers:
welcome to the forum,later Todd.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Iceburgh's car is a real standout. I saw it last year at Shanksville and at BG. Very nice:cool: :cheers:

You guys that do so much detailing have my respect. I know the amount of work that goes into it.:cheers:

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
iceburgh said:
Yep that is mine....this picture was from a while ago when I just got started on the car. Now I am almost done.
I answered the question...not that I know of
yeah that was at CF's CI III.....i was going to respond to it but i can't post comments to my own pictures

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
My '93 is as daily as a daily driver gets... I'm not snapping ANY pictures of my dirty motor/engine compartment.:(

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
BubbleHead said:
My '93 is as daily as a daily driver gets... I'm not snapping ANY pictures of my dirty motor/engine compartment.:(
I am with you on that!!! Now the project car might have some under hood paint etc :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts