Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't done anything to the Z06 lately, so I just ordered a SPEC clutch kit and an MGW shifter. :partyon:

That should make her love me again! ;)

(Now...just gotta find the time to install it.)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Thats what i have, a spec... stage 2 clutch and MGW shifter... cherry set up.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
how do you like the SPEC stage 2? ive heard a lot of mixed reviews on them.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I like it, holds well, suppose to support 700 ft lbs. The pedal is firmer than stock, but thats ok with me, its not firm like an old school mechanical clutch, but firmer than stock. It will chatter from time to time if try to roll off a stop sign without a little rpm, i usually bring up the rpm to 900 as i roll off the lights. Holds great thru all gears at full throttle, i dont road race, but ive never smelt burning clutch. Its been in the car for about 5000 miles. The previous owner had a shop install it, then his prego wife made him sell the car.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....I thought there would be a pic of girls all over your vette....:laughing:

....keep us posted without pics.....:lookinup: .......:laughing:

....sounds like a fun install.....:laughing: .......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
One thing to add about mixed reviews on the SPEC clutch, i did some extra research, mazda forums, SRT 8 10 etc forums, seems almost everyone loves there SPEC stage 2 clutches and have high horsepower, the negitive ones were people who either installed it their self, or didnt resurface the flywheel. The ones who installed themselves is in question because of their talent level and clutch break-in. Once again, my SPEC stage 2 is awesome and would get another one in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey let me drive that thing again, I'll show it some love...:D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I know this is a hard job to install but what would a shop generally charge to install a clutch knock on wood i dont need one yet, just want to be prepared.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts