Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson compares NFL owners' treatment of players to 'modern-day slavery' in an online interview

The man is set to make $10.72 Million this year to play a game....How that equals slavery I'll never know :huh:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_17619356?nclick_check=1

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
How about they all get fired and they fill the ranks with new talent from college.
With you! I am 100% on the owners side in this. I don't understand how employees can demand to see the owner's books.

You are being paid to play a game and the minimum salary is $320K. really and the players have a beef with that?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
More like indentured servitude or pimping.

Meh. Let the millionaires bitch it out and we'll just watch the games.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
More like indentured servitude or pimping.

Meh. Let the millionaires bitch it out and we'll just watch the games.

For $320K a year I'd be Jerry Jones' house boy. These guys are getting paid to play a game that tens of thousands would kill to get a second chance at playing.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
For $320K a year I'd be Jerry Jones' house boy. These guys are getting paid to play a game that tens of thousands would kill to get a second chance at playing.
Funny you should say that. Luckily for AP, He doesn't play for the Cowboys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
With you! I am 100% on the owners side in this. I don't understand how employees can demand to see the owner's books.

You are being paid to play a game and the minimum salary is $320K. really and the players have a beef with that?
the owners opted out of the current agreement which seemed to be working very well
for the sport that is #1.

The owners get 1 billion out of 9 bil, before they even have to share with players, now they want an extra billion (sounds greedy to me for a super successful sport) and its
the PLAYERS I turn on my tv to see NOT the owners!

"I don't understand how employees can demand to see the owner's books." REALLY, REALLY!!?? I could be wrong here, but I get to see my companies books EVERY quarter!, Income, expenses, profit. I thought it was the NORM for most companies to report their "books".

just to be fair, I'm not exactly 100% behind the players either, they are paid excessively to play a game, but the money is there for the WHOLE sport, owners and players. so with 9 billion coming in, it looks like a fist fight for the gold bullion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You are being paid to play a game and the minimum salary is $320K. really and the players have a beef with that?[/QUOTE]

Yes lets make that the top salary give it a few years and take our families to the game for less than 50 bucks total.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
"I don't understand how employees can demand to see the owner's books." REALLY, REALLY!!?? I could be wrong here, but I get to see my companies books EVERY quarter!, Income, expenses, profit. I thought it was the NORM for most companies to report their "books".
If it's a privately owned business ie shares are not traded on the open market then I don't think they are obligated to open their books.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts