Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started out as such a simple thing but now i feel like hurting someone. 2 weeks ago i got a scrath on the driver side mirror down to the primer so i took it to the dealer and they sprayed it for $80, i got it back and the paint match was not close, my car is velocity yellow they sprayed the mirror orange yellow, i felt sorta bad taking it back so i offered to buy the guys lunch (pizza i didnt wanna seem too anal) anyway i took it this morning and picked it up at 4pm the match was perfect this time. On the way home i looked at the side mirror to see in back of me and guess what those fuking idiots had sanded my fuking glass mirror i saw all the nasty scratches in the glass mirror plus when i got out of the car i noticed some sort of grey paint on my black leather seat when i wiped it off and got a close look at the seat its either a small cut in the seat or a small tear in the leather to say the least that car will never see the dealer again for any repairs i can take somewhere else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow, there paint and body guys' must be real idiots. I don't blame you for wanting to hurt someone.

I have a scratch on my drivers mirror. The scratch was their when I picked the car up new from the dealer. After reading your post, I will think I will just live with the scratch or make them take the mirror off the car, to paint.

Don't let them get away with sub par work. Take it up the chain.

·
Registered
145 Posts
IF IT GETS THAT BAD I WOULD TALK TO THE SUPERVISOR OR EVEN TALK TO THE GENERAL MANAGER ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM, HE OR SHE SHOULD TAKE CARE OF ANY CONCERNS:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
IF IT GETS THAT BAD I WOULD TALK TO THE SUPERVISOR OR EVEN TALK TO THE GENERAL MANAGER ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM, HE OR SHE SHOULD TAKE CARE OF ANY CONCERNS:thumbsup:
I AGREE = DEALER PROBLEM / DEALER TAKES CARE OF PROBLEM. ANYONE EVER HEAR THAT THE COSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT??? WORKS WITH CAR DEALERS TOO!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts

ABSOLUTELY AGREE.
1. You went out of your way to be nice about them screwing it up the first time and are careless with your car the second time - UNACCEPTABLE.
2. If you don't make an issue - over their heads - they will just keep doing this crap to other cars until someone finally escalates their issue. You have an obligation to pursue this.
3. The cost to replace the leather and mirror should not be borne by you.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went back to the dealer today and they ordered me a new mirror, and they sent me to their upholstery guy who ordered the section that needs to be repaired. I feel like i'm in a bad dream and i will all of a sudden wake up and realize it was just a dream and all this did'nt really happen.

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
I went back to the dealer today and they ordered me a new mirror, and they sent me to their upholstery guy who ordered the section that needs to be repaired. I feel like i'm in a bad dream and i will all of a sudden wake up and realize it was just a dream and all this did'nt really happen.

GOOD FOR YOU!! ... AND good for the dealer who stepped up. Those guys will be a lot more careful in the future ...wherever they're working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts