Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully can explain this to me. On some Z06s there is a molding that runs along the sides of the car starting at the front vent. Others do not. Is this a factory option? Did the FRCs have it? I've seen quite a few. No post that I could find has mentioned it. Thanks.

-Dustin

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
It was a factory option on C5, coups, converts, and Z06's... I also happen to be one of the ones that liked it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yup, I have em on mine. It was a requirement by me! I love the look and you know what? I have a nice 2 inc rip into my drivers side molding. Now imagine if my car didnt have that molding! I hate parking lots. :smack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bsm

Crazy. Is it too hard to take them off? Does it effect the paint? I can't really tell whether I like it with or without.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also like them. It does seem to be a little plain without. They make a great line down the side. Give the car more movement.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the smooth look, for some reason INMO, the molding seems out of place. I've read where the molding has a improvement with air flow over one that dont. But they are VETTES and they all look great. and that's my 2cents!:buhbye: :buhbye:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like the smooth look, for some reason INMO, the molding seems out of place. I've read where the molding has a improvement with air flow over one that dont. But they are VETTES and they all look great. and that's my 2cents!:buhbye: :buhbye:
:agree: I do not like the BSM. To busy looking. The smooth sides are sweet.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's all personal choice, of course. I'm one who's Corvette came with them on, and love it. I've had her beside a lot of other black Vettes and to me, the BSM's just make it so more better looking. Adds that little something, gives it something that's just something more than the norm. IMHO.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I jsut removed mine last week, and Im not a proffessional. I used a heat gun and 30lbs fishing line and 'cut them off' working the fishing line behind them cutting the tape. The line will break after so long so be ready. I wrapped it around some wooden dowels I had, otherwise your fingers will kill ya.
Once its removed you have to remove the left over tape and adhesive, then polish and wax. I was suprised I didnt have alot of paint fade since the car is 10 years old and they have been installed since day one.

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
It's all personal choice, of course. I'm one who's Corvette came with them on, and love it. I've had her beside a lot of other black Vettes and to me, the BSM's just make it so more better looking. Adds that little something, gives it something that's just something more than the norm. IMHO.
:agree:
It is a personal choice and I also have them on my car.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I don't like the look of the BSM . But it may look better on certain colored cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, Since You Asked................................... ....

I ordered my car so it was totally up to me as to whether I got them or not. I had studied them both ways a lot so I already knew which way I wanted it. To me, there was no other choice.
My decision is shown below!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have a 2004 Spiral Gray verte. I have BSM and like the lines on the C5. I think GM did a good job with the design.

However, it appears the vast majority of us don't like the BSM on the C6. I've only seen a few C6s with BSM and it just doesn't look right IMO.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts