Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I made the addition of side-pipes to my exhaust system I can actually feel the increased HP. Plus the sound is incredible even though its a bit loud full open.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Find yourself a tunnel and put her in first gear at about 10~15mph and the hammer the throttle. Sounds like a F16 fighter jet taking off to go kick some butt from an aircraft carrier.

There is a tunnel that goes under the river here in Ft. Lauderdale downtown in a very popular socializing district for shops & restaraunts. The tunnel road is not connected immediately to anything upon exiting but above it is VERY busy with shops & restaraunts all open air type. The people walking above sure as hell have gotten an ear full from me on more than just one occasion :D whether I was arriving or leaving.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fired it up in a storage shed where I keep her over the winter. It sounded crazy as hell. I like the idea of your tunnel much better though. Nothing like making people think what the hell.

Your car is awesome I like the roll bars. What type sre they?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks...roll bars were custom made but I don't believe that they are anything an exhaust shop could not build that could custom bend the pipes and weld up.

I bet that was crazy in a storage unit rumbling the building down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good Idea

I may have to try the tunnel thing Thats crazy.

Too bad there are no tunnels around here... oh wait, there is a short railroad tunnel. Hmm....

·
Registered
855 Posts
When Kaos comes back I am going to have my buddy video tape me coming through the tunnel. The sound is just amazing IMO...its like the faster you go you are trying to out run the sound waves that keep getting louder & louder and then when you exit you can feel the release of the sound waves from your ears.

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
I love the sound of my sidepipes when I fire it up!
Roar!!!

Plus it magnifies the crank I have in there. My 383 motor is very torquey, the sidepipes do wonders when I floor it.

Thank you Josh! :thumbsup:

wish I had a tunnel where I live.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Since I made the addition of side-pipes to my exhaust system I can actually feel the increased HP. Plus the sound is incredible even though its a bit loud full open.
Love my side pipes too...

I dropped a second off my 0-60 time after I installed them. I've got STS baffles in mine. They give a nice Harley rumble around town but at highway speed they sound no different then a set of Flowmasters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts