Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone see shields for hooker side pipes 4" I called hooker they said never made any !!pipes are a month old and im tired of almost burning my legs
{ well one time I did ] I looked in C3 photos and found only one that looks like it could be one [ shield that is ] its photo/data/508/image08.jpg >>

anyone know this car???
thanks jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is the one from Cobrastuff.com. I think Dean calls them cheese graters. I bought them 3+ years ago after the wife got a bad burn on her leg. Dean has some nice looking shields ,wish he would have been around back then.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi
I am on a Harley trip till Sunday but if interested you can check out my shields on:thumbsup:
steelshields.com
BTW Side Pipes Rock:partyon:
Cheers

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
His side pipe shields are very nice. But I can't see buying them at the moment. Have way to many other things that need to get done first

·
Registered
816 Posts
:agree: I can admit I've never been burnt, because I never wear shorts.

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have nice legs and like to show them off :rolling:
anyone look at DUKE94 CAR MAN ITS GREAT LOOKING

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow how are you and I placed a order yesterday !!
strange that thy dont have a phone number to call !! or talk to anyone live
just hope I did not lose my master card amount !!

I finally got side pipes on the car after 36 years kind of loud I also have sprial turbos inside them
P.S your car is great looking

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Even though the guy from Cobrastuff.com only communicates thru email, he seems to be an ok guy, I've also had friends order thru him and hasn't failed yet!
As for the Motion stripe...technically no! its not motion because I copied the White/black ZL-1 only opposite in exact dimensions (thru lots of photographs!) which was not Motion!
Sidepipes are loud! but its music to my ears! Heavy Metal!
I got my first noise complaint the other day...some wining old guy that has nothin better to do than complain, I'm sure you all have one in the neighborhood!

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Sidepipes are loud! but its music to my ears! Heavy Metal!
I got my first noise complaint the other day...some wining old guy that has nothin better to do than complain, I'm sure you all have one in the neighborhood!
Bojvette IS the old guy in his neighborhood :devil:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
This is the one from Cobrastuff.com. I think Dean calls them cheese graters. I bought them 3+ years ago after the wife got a bad burn on her leg. Dean has some nice looking shields ,wish he would have been around back then.

I like Dean's shields but your "cheese graters" look great too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been looking hard at these.

http://www.steelshields.com/

Has anyone used them? Is there a good heat shield or a bad one?

I am scared my High Heeled girlfriend is going to burn herself. That would ruin my whole day. This is a mod that cannot be avoided....

By the way. If you do burn yourself on the sidepipe. Put a dab of toothpaste on the burn. It will numb it big time. I carry a tube of toothpaste at all times in the Vette with sidepipes. It works!!!!!

Rd

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I have been looking hard at these.

http://www.steelshields.com/

Has anyone used them? Is there a good heat shield or a bad one?

I am scared my High Heeled girlfriend is going to burn herself. That would ruin my whole day. This is a mod that cannot be avoided....

By the way. If you do burn yourself on the sidepipe. Put a dab of toothpaste on the burn. It will numb it big time. I carry a tube of toothpaste at all times in the Vette with sidepipes. It works!!!!!

Rd
See the post above yours? Bangkock Dean? Ask him. He IS the manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts