Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find Sidepipes/Headers
The Hooker set-up is BEAUTIFUL!! But I plan on driving mine DAILY so I don't need show-car quality
I've seen kits that were more affordible 'till you read the fine print "Fiberglass covers not included"
anyone know where except Jeg's & summit???

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't care if there chrome or fiberglass i just want 'em
I know I'm a fool.... I went out of my way to buy a BONE stock Numbers matching C3... now I want to modify her
I'm going to keep everything so I can return her to OE If I want.
I'd LOVE an '87 and I've got my eye on a 308 that I hope to own by the end of the month.... But I'll NEVER sell my red C3 'vert

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I have toe hooker setup on mine and i drive it daily. It is nice looking and sounds good. As long as you dont forget to stretch your leg out past the sidepipe, it is well worth it.

zach

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had Hooker's side mount headers on my 77 for a month or two now with my home made side pipes and love 'em. They're fitted with STS baffles and are a lot quieter than I had expected. Top that off with the Petre Jackson gear drive I've just put on, it sounds awsome!
Go to Scott's C3 Shark Tank site here where you can see and hear my car's lovely noises in unison. Brutus 1 & 2 are mine. They're short but sweet video clips I made last weekend.

Bob

·
Registered
198 Posts
I initially bought 2 lengths of 4" tube and had them flared to fit over the collectors. As well as 2 x 90 deg bends that I welded and cut to form the ends of each pipe. A single mount was made up and welded to each pipe towards the ends and bolted to the body with a rubber mount. Then they were fitted with stepped clamps at the collectors for a perfect seal after fitting the STS baffles inside each exhaust.
Instant sidepipes.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts