Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the Six Shooter shifter in today and it shifts like a dream BUT the harmonic vibration in the shifter (aluminum against aluminum) is enough to make the car not drivable unless you have a helmet on and are racing. It is incredibly loud and annoying. Too loud to be even considered.

Called and left a message with MTI and will let you know how they respond but for now the Six Shooter is out! It is a PITA to pull one install one and then re-install the old one!

This is sad as the feel is much more positive with the Six Shooter: now if they can just get a handle on the vibration noise.

FWIW the stock will not vibrate because it is mounted in rubber as opposed to metal to metal in the Six Shooter.

Good unit in desperate need of insulation from harmonics. It may be going back for a refund unless they come up with an answer . . .

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to a gentleman there and he is going to call me back when he gets to the office; I got his cell phone. Seems they are aware of the problem and that is all I know at present. I am waiting for the return call.

I will keep you posted and I hope they can resolve this issue because I really like the shifter . . . . all the shifter needs is a nylon/nylatron/polyurethane sleeve over the ball where it interfaces with the plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts