Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: Just wondering about a skip shift eliminator for the gs. Does anyone have this on their car? The 1st to 4th thing drives me nuts sometimes. I'm looking to the great brains for an answer on this one. Maybe I'm just not shifting properly or something.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
MICHAEL MALONE SMITH said:
:huh: Just wondering about a skip shift eliminator for the gs. Does anyone have this on their car? The 1st to 4th thing drives me nuts sometimes. I'm looking to the great brains for an answer on this one. Maybe I'm just not shifting properly or something.
It cake.

All you have to do is get under the car by the trans and disconnect it. It's a simple wiring connector, and it's as easy as unplugging your hair dryer.

I've done that on the GS, and my other 96 LT4 car and it worked perfectly without throwing any "codes" (service engine soon light).

If you do get this light (which is not common) then there is a "cags eliminator" available by Mid America and Ecklers that plugs into the cags connector ... and it has a little resistor in it to fool the computer into believing it is still there.

Either way, it's pretty easy. What will be tough is find a picture of the cags connector so you can find it when you have the car jacked up. Let me look....

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D My Skunk Man comes thru fo me. Yes ! Will wait and thank you:nuts:

·
Registered
1 Posts
MICHAEL MALONE SMITH said:
Mike-
By far the easiest way to do this is to pull the back-up light fuse in your fusebox. It's quick, clean and easy....BUT you do give up those backup lights. I ran this way for a month or so and never missed the backups.
However, I like everything functional, so got the CAGS Eliminator from MAD and did the job "right". As I recall, it was $20 and about an hour to jack the car up, crawl under and plug it in. (then, drop the car and clean up)

It was the best $20/one hour I've ever invested in any vehicle.

Larry
code5coupe
;)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:cheers: Here we go

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoa :surprised Hurricane_777 You are the smart one, must be that warm sun :laughing: What a great idea. The old ranger thanks you:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey,
is the skip shift connector on the front or rear of the tranny , driver side or passenger?
I've got to unplug mine too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Patrick,
what color is your GS?
mine is admiral blue (electric blue) looks simliar in color to yours except mine is a convt (wht top) may change to top to biege/tan

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Topman said:
Patrick,
what color is your GS?
mine is admiral blue (electric blue) looks simliar in color to yours except mine is a convt (wht top) may change to top to biege/tan
All GS's are Admiral Blue (like yours) with an Arctic White stripe.:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
hey mike if you don't have a floor jack you can bring the car to my place before the cruise in on the 27th ... i'm right up the road from QS&L, and we'll jack the car up and get it unplugged...much easier than using the jack that comes with the car....and you don't have to wait for an oil change

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:excited: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
-=Jeff=- Thanks for the pic, a picture is worth a thousand words. Have made a copy to take with me to Punk Boys on the 27th :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts