Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out joy riding the other night around 3am, and while Arizona is a great place to own a sports car because of the weather, it's roads are pretty boring. Everything is a perfect grid, no windy roads to really test out the car's handling. So I sought out an intersection that is 6 lanes wide far enough from civiliazation that I wouldn't have to worry about traffic. Unfortunately, the light was red. So I pulled up to the light to trip the sensor, and then backed up a good 1/8 mile, so I could actually get some speed through the turn.

As I am backing up the CAGS light comes on, which I thought was hilarious. Apparantly, the software only looks for speed and throttle input, and ignores the fact that I am in reverse. I guess the GM guys didn't expect anyone to drive 1/8 mile backwards at 20mph.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I don't know what is funner you backing up to get speed thru a corner or the skip shift light.:laughing:

·
Registered
232 Posts
in the middle of reading that i thought u were going to say you did donuts in the intersection but you just did a turn. lol

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,824 Posts
Donuts would have been fun too :laughing:

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you like winedy road go to tortilla flat (just past Canyon Lake) and bush highway (just past Slat River Tubing recreation).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had my other car up there. It's pretty fun, but you do see cops up there every now and then.

I went up to Mormon Lake on 260 with the Prescott club on Sat, then we headed over to 89 down to Sedona, and onto Jerome, and back to Prescott.

260 would have been fun, but the other vettes weren't exactly speed demons, and I didn't know where I was going, so I had fun getting up to the leader, but didn't want to pass him. Sedona would have been awesome, except for traffic, and Jerome would have been spectacular had it not been pouring rain.

By the time we got through Prescott, my girlfriend was tired, and it was pretty wet outside, otherwise I would have continued on 89 down through Yarnell which I hear is pretty fun.

I'd like to set something up for us Phoenix guys to ride out there and take it on. Maybe on a weekday so we can avoid any traffic.

Also, I still want to get Jeremy out here to tune our cars. I know Steve would be up for it, and a friend of mine at work has a LMB C6 too, and a couple more on this forum have expressed interest. I think we can get 10 if we really try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts