Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandparents live in Yorba Linda SoCal, "Land of Gracious Living". It's also the land of rich bitches and pretentious pricks. Anyway, coming home from my grandparents house, I find myself behind an SL500, admittedly not the world's fastest car but apparently he has something to prove to his trophy wife by trying to intimidate poor little ole me. (Note: I have a stock appearing 82 that puts a very honest 380+RWHP to the ground.) So I gently turn following him to get on to the freeway where there's a couple hundred yards before the entrance and he moves over to block me as I move to the right lane, then speeds up; I can see him looking in his rear view mirror with his Euro-style super-sized sun glasses. I feel his sneer. Ok, game on Helmut.

At first I just pace him to give a sense of hope . . . and because I delight in the fall of the condescending :devil:. Then as the entrance opens to two lanes I take the inside and accelerate away through a long ascending curve. Within seconds, his silhoutte is but a speck in my mirror and I release the go pedal from its duty.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:laughing: Rock on man! That's such a satisfying thing to do. The only thing better is slowing back down so they can catch up just so you can look over at his woman and give her the wink :cheers:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laughing: Rock on man! That's such a satisfying thing to do. The only thing better is slowing back down so they can catch up just so you can look over at his woman and give her the wink :cheers:
I'm saving that for an M3 ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice kill, but if you see a SL55 or SL65 you may want to think twice about running against them.

FYI you will need more than 380rhp to run down a new M5, especially if going from a roll in the higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice kill, but if you see a SL55 or SL65 you may want to think twice about running against them.

FYI you will need more than 380rhp to run down a new M5, especially if going from a roll in the higher speeds.
Well my 380 on an Eddy Current works out to 460BHP+-. That was also with my 1982 exhaust still. Now I have a fabbed true duel with X pipe and pass through 'mufflers'. I don't know how much it picked up, but a very noticeable amount, especially from 3,000 - 6,000. But let's stick with the reasonable estimate of 460BHP and weight of 3,100. That gives the following lbs/hp ratios.

Me: 6.7
SL55AMG: 8.5
SL65AMG: 7.5
M5: 8.0

Throw in the fact the Benzes have very tall gearing (for autobahn driving) and I wouldn't stand down from any of them . . . IF they instigate and conditions appropriate. The problem with goofing off with cars like this is that you get into lethal speeds in a matter of seconds.

Anyway, there's always someone with something faster. I have a friend with a 63 Nova that looks almost completely stock . . . except it puts down about 650. From 0-120, he'd make an Enzo look like something was wrong with it.:nuts:

·
Only green will do...
18,401 Posts
man o man that must of made your day congratulations are needed great kill

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love hearing stories about how our 'american cars' (Vettes that is!) are able to whip the pants off those high-priced euro-exotics! Nice kill!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts