Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Verry :partyon: i got that car in pic and a 96 Grand Sport , n a hand full of nasscars , i had a set up that took up a full size room , but having a wife and 2 kids , well i needed to make space for other clutter :crazy:

I do still have all the track n cars , so one of theese years ile be able to set it all up again :D

Ummmm i think :thud:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I like slot cars. I used to race the 1/24 cars for a Hobby Shop Team in Miami. SC racing was big back then. We built our own frames out of sheet Magnesium, rewound our motors and "souped" our Cox controllers for better brakes.

My last car was a Lime Green Chaparral with transverse mounted "can" motor, Magnesium frame and "Candy" White Silicone Slicks.

Glad to see 1/24th cars making a comeback.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet track, where did you get that. I've been thinking about one of those lately.
It's mostly one set... bought it about 18 years ago... I think it had 60 feet of track. I added another very small set to it at least a decade ago. Got the cars over the years.

It's standard track stuff, I bet you could score a ton of track for almost nothing on ebay.:partyon:

The layout is my idea, I didn't follow any design or anything.

·
Becky Anderson
285 Posts
I'm not very good at slot car racing. My car always flies off the track. :huh:

~Becky~

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I was just looking at one today. Vette / Viper duel.

Nice wall colors in the house :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I'm not very good at slot car racing. My car always flies off the track. :huh:

~Becky~
Tip: Be violent with the controller trigger. All the way off the trigger is brakes. Slam it down to go even if it just a stab and let off for short bursts. Jump all the way off the trigger to brake and induce a tail slide (0versteer) for curves then slam the trigger down at the apex. :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
.......... :agree: Becky. I see midnite is describing how we drive full size Vettes...:thumbsup:
I wish I could drive my Vette as well as I pilot slot cars. I am banned from playing at 2 friends houses that put up tracks at Christmas :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
No one lets me play with their slot track.

I have a train that goes up walls and glows in the dark.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts