Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right front tire has been coming up low every few days. I've gone over the dang thing fairly closely and can't seem to find a nail or anything in it anywhere. This morning, the tire pressure read 17 PSI when I got in! I'm curious as to whether the cold weather can cause such a variation. I guess I'm going to have to pull the wheel off and check the whole tire. Frustrating.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
if you get the wheel off, then to save you time and frustration you could put it in a pool, or some big thing of water to check for bubbles

·
Read Only
575 Posts
Just take the car to a tire shop and have the tire patched. It normally costs about $10 and takes 15 minutes to do. That way you don't have to mess around with it at all!
I had my right front patched about 3 months ago on the Khumo run flats....works great! no variance at all now!

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a possibility that you are losing air from your valve stem. The air valve in the stem is removable with a special tool. It can also be tightened with this tool. You should be able to pick this up at any auto store. If the external part of the stem is bad the tire will have to be removed for replacement. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
hERE IS AND OLD TRICK SOAP AND WATER IN A BOTTLE AND SPRAY THE TIRE AND THE RIM TO SEE WHERE THE LEAK IS JUST LOOK FOR THE BUBBLES. DANG ANOTHER SONG IN MY HEAD TINY BUBBLES.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem fixed!!! Took the car to the dealer today. Apparently, the valve stem core has an o-ring type gasket inside of it that had broken. Replaced under warranty for free. Tire was in perfect shape. :partyon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts