Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I were heading to a car event. He was in his 67 Cougar - 289 automatic, and I was in the 76 Vette - stock. I don't think either of us would dyno over 200 hp.

Well, there we were side by side at a red light. We both knew what was about to happen. The light turns green. We both leave the line easy, then we both put the pedal to the floor.

Exhaust pipes were screaming, but our race seemed to be in slow motion. I took the time to adjust my mirror. If the cell phone had rang, I would have been comfortable answering it. These are not fast cars, and we were both cracking up at our amazing rate of acceleration. It was like watching two turtles race.

When we finally got bored and let off, I had him by a car length!!! :partyon:

I wish someone would have filmed it. It could have been the slowest high speed event in history! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
So you literally walked him

·
Registered
240 Posts
Now you know how the " Ricers " feel . A lot of noise but not much speed . Thats O.K. , you guys had a good time . You don't have to be ZO6 fast , to enjoy driving your car .

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
:laughing: :laughing:

Cool Story

I had a laugh :laughing:

Bon

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
sounds like some thing out of the 50's.:rolling::thumbsup:

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
My buddy and I were heading to a car event. He was in his 67 Cougar - 289 automatic, and I was in the 76 Vette - stock. I don't think either of us would dyno over 200 hp.

Well, there we were side by side at a red light. We both knew what was about to happen. The light turns green. We both leave the line easy, then we both put the pedal to the floor.

Exhaust pipes were screaming, but our race seemed to be in slow motion. I took the time to adjust my mirror. If the cell phone had rang, I would have been comfortable answering it. These are not fast cars, and we were both cracking up at our amazing rate of acceleration. It was like watching two turtles race.

When we finally got bored and let off, I had him by a car length!!! :partyon:

I wish someone would have filmed it. It could have been the slowest high speed event in history! :laughing:
Nice ! That was so well told ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
An excellent post and a great story.

C3s are fun to drive even though

we could use some NOS to move us along.

Thanks for the chuckle.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
120 Posts
You forgot the part of the story where you had Playboy Pet of the Month in the passenger seat next to you cheering you on to your glorius victory! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts