Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on the 10pm news, they spent about 5 minutes on a story about a campus cop at a middle school spraying a baby squirrel with pepper spray when it continued to walk toward a group of students who were outside. A girl shot video of the incident on her cell phone, and it has gone viral. The parents, students and basically the world are outraged....OUTRAGED that this cop sprayed the squirrel. OK, it probably wasn't needed, but, come on, it didn't injure the squirrel - it was checked by a vet and released. They don't get this upset when a thug kills a worker in a convenience store. We need to examine our priorities in this society. See the video at the link below.

Excerpt:

MESQUITE, Texas - While the YouTube video of a police officer using pepper spray on a baby squirrel has shocked some, the Mesquite Police Department is defending the officer's actions.
According MPD Sgt. Wes Talley, a baby squirrel began chasing students around outside at Kimbrough Middle School Wednesday afternoon. The school resource officer was called to help.
Officer Davis stood between a group of students and the animal because it was acting unusual and he thought it may have been rabid, Talley said.
Talley said after several unsuccessful attempts to scare the squirrel away, Officer Davis used his pepper spray on it to protect the welfare of the students.
But the students didn’t see it that way. They claimed the animal wasn't a threat to anyone.
One student used a cell phone to record the incident. In the video students can be heard crying, “No!” and “Don’t spray him!”
Animal control officers did take the squirrel back to the shelter afterward. It was cared for and released back into the wild, Talley said.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Hell, where is the outrage that those in the military won't be getting paid? oh wait, they don't need us atm so they dont give a ****.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Lets look at the flip side.

"Cop fails to protect students. Cop allows rabid squirrel to bite students". Students suing school district.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Lets look at the flip side.

"Cop fails to protect students. Cop allows rabid squirrel to bite students". Students suing school district.
hahaha i can honestly see that happening

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why didnt he just use his boot?
Actually, it wasn't in this story, but on the non-stop squirrel news last night, they said someone (not sure if it was the cop) kicked the squirrel either before or after the pepper spray which outraged the kids even more. Basically, squirrels can be rabid, and one that doesn't seem to be afraid of humans is acting strangely, so could be infected. The cop was just making sure the animal didn't come in contact with the kids. It used to be in TX that animals were animals. You didn't want to be cruel, but you didn't mind dealing with them as animals. Too many dang Californians here now who treat animals like people. I prefer the old days. :crazy:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Your gop buddies, dude.
:rolling: The fact that this budget was due 6 months ago when democrats had control of Congress and the White House should not stand in the way of your blindness.

Anyway, back on topic..... I would certainly think Dallas has more to worry about than a squirrel.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
:rolling: The fact that this budget was due 6 months ago when democrats had control of Congress and the White House should not stand in the way of your blindness.

Anyway, back on topic..... I would certainly think Dallas has more to worry about than a squirrel.
stop it with the truth ponch, you know they can't handle it.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I swear, a convenience store clerk gets killed every day or two around here, and they get about 15 seconds of air time on the news - and then only if there is security video. It's upside down these days.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I swear, a convenience store clerk gets killed every day or two around here, and they get about 15 seconds of air time on the news - and then only if there is security video. It's upside down these days.
You know, people in Austin have teeth too. :laughing:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Actually, it wasn't in this story, but on the non-stop squirrel news last night, they said someone (not sure if it was the cop) kicked the squirrel either before or after the pepper spray which outraged the kids even more. Basically, squirrels can be rabid, and one that doesn't seem to be afraid of humans is acting strangely, so could be infected. The cop was just making sure the animal didn't come in contact with the kids. It used to be in TX that animals were animals. You didn't want to be cruel, but you didn't mind dealing with them as animals. Too many dang Californians here now who treat animals like people. I prefer the old days. :crazy:
set some of them wild boar loose on that campus.:D

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I thought texas was crime free due to it's cool open carry and other pro gun laws?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought texas was crime free due to it's cool open carry and other pro gun laws?
:laughing: Riiiight. You won't get a rise out of me on that one. I'm not a gun person. Just goes to show, everyone wanders from the reservation every now and then. I'm Conservative, but I don't like the conceal/carry laws. It's very rare to hear of a citizen stopping a crime with his legal gun, but quite a few get pulled during road rage incidents.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You know, people in Austin have teeth too. :laughing:
Too many libs. I'd rather live here with the murderers. At least they are honest about their intentions. :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
All mainstream news is horseshit. They don't talk about anything that matters, and fill their followers empty heads with bullshit like pepperspraying squirrels, America Idle (The show, not the country) and other worthless bullshit information.

Everyday is a slow news day, because the people who need to be making the news, own it.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All mainstream news is horseshit. They don't talk about anything that matters, and fill their followers empty heads with bullshit like pepperspraying squirrels, America Idle (The show, not the country) and other worthless bullshit information.

Everyday is a slow news day, because the people who need to be making the news, own it.
Reminds me of the Eagles song, "Dirty Laundry" with the Bubble Headed Bleach Blonde asking "Is the head dead yet?" That song is spot on. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts