Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 96 Collector's Edition and I wanted to livin it up a bit. I was thinking about this package from SLP. I had many great dealings with SLP in a former car I owned. I was wondering if anyone had bought this package and what kind of gains they recieved.

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=24000

·
Registered
52 Posts
Doesn't the CE already come with 330hp from the factory? I always thought it did... as I think that the stock motor is an LT-4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can

I have an automatic and the auto came with a LT1. So it is only 300 ponys

·
Registered
74 Posts
I didn't look to see what this package costs but here's my opinion. The cold air system, if like most of them, is of limited if any benefit. The "throttle body flow booster" I'm sure is just a new name for the airfoil, not worth the time to install it if it were free. The exhaust system will help some but the stock LT1 system is pretty good already. And it can be easily modified to be more than adequate for a mildly modified car. For I'm sure less than the price of this package you can get some good 1.6 roller rockers, better valve springs and a set of long tube headers and good cats. Then remove your stock resonator and install an X-pipe in it's place. It'll sound much better w/o being too loud and will improve torque and response. From all of these real modifications, you'll see more than the 30 claimed for this package, which IMO is probably BS anyway. Add a good dyno-tune to this and you're probably looking at an easy 45-50 HP or more with similar torque gains.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ouch

$1400 for 30hp??? C'mon!

Anyway, I had a '95 LT1 with a few mods. For that kind of money (maybe a little more) you can get heads and a cam. That will get you some REAL horsepower. You can probably get it done for less than $2000, and net somewhere around 40-50hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts