Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I HAVE THE SLP LOUDMOUTH, I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPITALS , AS IN SHOUTING CAUSE I AM GOING DEAF,,, Yes , the loudmouth is loud and you get a lot of noise in the car,, but it sounds real good and looks good under the car. For a few bucks more you can get a real system with mufflers,, but I wouldnt trade it for one...You do lose a little weight by getting tid of the mufflers. I have no problems with mine and install tool less than 1 hour. Hey,,its a vette,,go loud and you l like it....I have scared people with the exhaust noise....love it , love the car and seen 160 mph and still climbing......98 a4,

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am wanting to do something different with my exhaust:D Aren' the big mouths, nothing more than just straight pipes? No mufflers? Why not just put straight pipes with 4.5' tips? Sorry to still your thread but I'm trying to see, who is doing something different other than good ol traditional Borlas,Corsas,B&B's. I have Corsas and they are great but just trying to mix it up a little. :cheers:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i have gutted cat's and muffler's.it's pretty loud,deep and throaty.i want to put the borla stinger (two tip) to go with gutted cat's.probably sound's mean as the stinger's actually amplify the sound a little.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put the SLP on, its not that loud. I love the sound and there is a little interior noise but not bad, my friends say they can hear me from a good ways off. Its a keeper. Now should I take off the cats?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had the Loudmouth for almost 2 years, and love them. I was worried about all the complaints of resonance, but with the 6 speed, it's easy to shift around while crusing. Glad to see someone else likes them . :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
1badz06 said:
I put the SLP on, its not that loud. I love the sound and there is a little interior noise but not bad, my friends say they can hear me from a good ways off. Its a keeper. Now should I take off the cats?
i left my cat's on,just gutted them.that way if anyone look's,there they are.if worse came to worse,i could say,"damn the origanal owner must have done that".i had to use 02 simulator's,i'm sure you will too.but believe me,the cat's is what kill's the sound more than the muffler's,i think you will be suprised how loud it is with gutted cat's and loudmouth,i will put stinger's on mine and hope i don't get a ticket.
have you ever heard the stinger's?to me there is no better sounding exhaust,kinda like an old big block,but louder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a guy wanting to trade his SLP's for my Corsas. Shoud I sale my Corsas and just add straight pipes and custom tips(maybe some megs). Want to be different and sound awsome.:cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
i'm not a SLP fan,but i hate Corsa,i would either make the trade,or do what you suggested with the straight pipe.you could probably sell the Corsa and have the straight pipe's put in (if a shop will do it) and you would end up with some money left over.....:smokin: i like your ride...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my SLPs on for a year, I love the way they sound but....after adding headers and gutting cats I want something a little quieter. Maybe corsas or B & Bs.....I'm sure someone will want to buy my SLPs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Aftermarket Exhaust Recommendations

Sounds like the SLP exhaust may be a bit resonant for a daily driver. But, if you are looking for an aftermarket exhaust for your C5 that sounds good but is neither too loud nor too resonant, I recommend the Corsa Pace Car system. It comes with three or four tip alternatives, sounds good (I personally wish it was just a bit louder, but it does loosen up with age).

I had this system on my '97 automatic coupe and installed it again on my current '02 6-speed coupe. My problem is going to be having the patience to wait for it to be available for my C-6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
borla vs slp

Glad to see this thread. I'm trying to decide whether i want Borla Stinger or SLP Loudmouth for my C5 right now. I like it loud, so i think i'm gonna go with the Loudmouth unless anybody's got any last minute advice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know much about the SLP, but I had Borla on my 96 LT-4. It made the car sound like it was trying to be European. Where I come from, a Chevy V8 needs to sound like a Chevy V8.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had B&Bs on my 96, and 2k both were an improvment over stock. On my Z06 we installed the Stingers (quad tip). For me the sound was great at the track and auto-x but on the long hall they got a little taxing on the hearing. Don't dump the cats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts