Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
So basically they have "downgraded" this color? The tintcoat makes for a better looking paint, right?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Atomic Orange

I'd love to hear from a "paint pro" on this also as I have an '08 on order to be built the week of July 30 in Atomic Orange.

·
Registered
115 Posts
don't mess with my color!
:agree:

Hmmmmmmmm, I guess timing is everything. Wonder will it still glow from miles away like the center of an atom when the sun hits it coming over the highway horizon at 70+ mph? :huh:

But then again the change will potentially set all 2007 Atomic Orange Vettes apart from any other year (at least color wise given it is the only year that offered the color as a "Tint Coat").:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good New or Bad News?

I feel that the fact they they are no longer using the tint coat makes out cars more attractive to me in the long run. But will this affect getting paint in the future should we ever need touch ups or body work?
What do you fellow gentlemen of good color choice think?
-Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
When possible, I would like to hear from someone who has seen an atomic orange 2007 next to a new 2008 atomic orange close up and describ the differance.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's great. I wanted an Atomic Orange 'Vette, but the price was too much.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm interested in hearing the reason(s) for the change. I guess that means that I have one of only 1749 coupes that are the original atomic orange "tint" coat. Not even a year old and we 2007 AO owners have a collector... :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
hmmm...i told everyone this at least a month ago...i guess it doesnt count until you hear from corvette conti..hahaha

but yea as conti says you should hardly notice a difference between the two..

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm...i told everyone this at least a month ago...i guess it doesnt count until you hear from corvette conti..hahaha

but yea as conti says you should hardly notice a difference between the two..
cute and thank-you!
Tried to get feedback form teh plant, but they have high tailed it out of there for their well deserved 2 week vacation

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested in hearing the reason(s) for the change. I guess that means that I have one of only 1749 coupes that are the original atomic orange "tint" coat. Not even a year old and we 2007 AO owners have a collector... :D
I was told the reason for the change was:

"....That tint process was not used in 2008. We have a limited
availability to do tinted clear coats in the plant and with the two newcolors coming on one had to go....."

Gary

1 - 20 of 23 Posts