Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 paint chips on my 2007 ZO6 Lemans Blue with three paint chips 2 on hood and one on passenger door...they are no bigger than a pin head. If anyone has any good ideas for repair I would appreciate. I have seen people do amazing things on paint repair from good detailers.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You're getting the same answer on every Corvette forum you've posted this on. Gotta love the consistency. ;)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Yep. I've used the Dr. ColorChip personally and love it. So I will recommend it over Langka or some of the others simply from first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have used Langka on mine (black paint) with decent results as long as the chip isn't "dimpled". If it is then it seems hard to get it flush.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I won't mention that Junkman was going to do a video on Dr. Colorchip at some time in the future. I can't do it because I'm old and lazy. But he's young and energetic (have you seen the ladies he hangs out with?), so he needs to get on the stick and teach us something. :thumbsup::laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I won't mention that Junkman was going to do a video on Dr. Colorchip at some time in the future. I can't do it because I'm old and lazy. But he's young and energetic (have you seen the ladies he hangs out with?), so he needs to get on the stick and teach us something. :thumbsup::laughing:
:laughing:

If you only knew how lazy I am. I haven't went to work in the last 10 days!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have used Langka on mine (black paint) with decent results as long as the chip isn't "dimpled". If it is then it seems hard to get it flush.
what do you mean dimpled?

if you fill the chip w/ color you do not want it to exceed the existing paint edges?

·
Registered
296 Posts
what do you mean dimpled?

if you fill the chip w/ color you do not want it to exceed the existing paint edges?
Probably not the right word I guess. I mean when the edges are raised higher than the center, like a meteor crater. I guess I should say the edges are higher than the undamaged pain outside of the chip. So then when you use the blob remover, it doesnt make it as flush so the light can catch it.

I have a ton of small sand rash chips on my rear fender/ brake duct area. I did a few up and it wasn;t bad, but this winter I need to take a day and work it over.

It's not a miracle product, but for what you have it might be worth a try. It will for sure come out better than just touch up paint.

When I did it I had intentions of doing a post with pictures, but it blended in well enough that the stupid camera wouldn't show anything, even though I could see the repair work with my own eyes so I didn't bother making a post since I didn't want to decieve anyone into thinking it was a magic cure.

BTW, with the Langka product, if you screw it up, the blob remover can be used to easily remove your touch up paint and you can try again and again. So really, as long as you have factory paint, you don't have anything to lose but $60.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably not the right word I guess. I mean when the edges are raised higher than the center, like a meteor crater. I guess I should say the edges are higher than the undamaged pain outside of the chip. So then when you use the blob remover, it doesnt make it as flush so the light can catch it.

I have a ton of small sand rash chips on my rear fender/ brake duct area. I did a few up and it wasn;t bad, but this winter I need to take a day and work it over.

It's not a miracle product, but for what you have it might be worth a try. It will for sure come out better than just touch up paint.

When I did it I had intentions of doing a post with pictures, but it blended in well enough that the stupid camera wouldn't show anything, even though I could see the repair work with my own eyes so I didn't bother making a post since I didn't want to decieve anyone into thinking it was a magic cure.

BTW, with the Langka product, if you screw it up, the blob remover can be used to easily remove your touch up paint and you can try again and again. So really, as long as you have factory paint, you don't have anything to lose but $60.
hey great info...thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts