Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i now have over of like 800 miles and the other night was the first time i really drove her hard in the streets. I have had her up to plenty of speed on the parkway but i wouldn't consider that "hard Driving." My questions is this, after a bunch of sharp turns, take offs, hard breaking, etc... when i got home i noticed a smell. A burning smell i want to say. It certainly wasn't a burning clutch smell ( know that from bikes and dirt bikes). And it wasnt totally the smell of rubber from the times although that did add to this burning smell that i was smelling. The tempature gage was fine so i dont think that car was running hot. Is it possibile that since she is so new and this being thr first time driving her hard that the engine gives off this smell a little.

Thanks for you help. Lovin' the car.
-Rich

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea such a smell form the breaks? Not that i am disagreeing, I have never had a performance breaking system before so you could very well be right on the money. Is it something that should cause concern you believe?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was just a guess. I took mine to the track for some "hard driving" and I could definitely smell brakes when I got done.
So track time you say. I really want to bring mine onto one. A drag strip about an hour from me just open a road course and i was thinking about heading there. I know it will differ at tracks but did you have to do anything to put it on the track? Three point harness?, anything?

·
Banned
109 Posts
It's totally normal.. Just everything burning off of new parts. Mine did the same thing until about 1000 miles.. When I pulled into the garage it was pretty strong and my wife used to say "Your car stinks":laughing: .. Trust me it's nothing to worry about if your guages were OK etc..

·
Registered
110 Posts
My car also gets that burning smell too, but all the gauges are fine so i dont worry about it, plus its under warranty so if somethings wrong i hope it shows up now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts