Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My C5 just failed smog because the battery had been disconnected for the past couple days, and according to the smog shop, the computer hasn't had enough time to relearn. How many miles do I need to put on the car for the computer to relearn enough to pass smog?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
My C5 just failed smog because the battery had been disconnected for the past couple days, and according to the smog shop, the computer hasn't had enough time to relearn. How many miles do I need to put on the car for the computer to relearn enough to pass smog?

250 or so prefferably in the form of doughnuts in the smog shop's parking lot:thumbsup:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Miles traveled has nothing to do with getting the on-board tests back to a complete state, it is how many valid drive cycles and cold starts as that is when the smog tests in PCM are done

Driving 200 miles non stop is still only 1 drive cycle and these tests need several cold start to valid drive cycles.

Speed up the process start engine cold,
wait till engine is up to temp
used 1/4 throttle to 55 MPH and then maintain that speed for 5 minutes

Then lift gas pedal, let speed drop below 20 MPH and then repeat above but instead use 1/2 throttle to get to 55 MPH

EPA is not a dummie so you cannot just turn ign key on/off multi times.
1 valid drive cycle is engine cold started, driven till water temp is at least above 160 water degrees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts