Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've researched and researched and researched and I'm currently experiencing analysis paralysis.

I hear good things about Interior Innovations but it is absolutely to contact them. No email replies, no one answers the phone.

Corvette America seems to be the most favored next to Vette Essentials but I can't see the quality being that far beyond Interior Innovations, and no custom color options.

Can anyone give some guidance on this? Is Corvette America superior? Is there someone else I should be looking at? Can anyone else get ahold of Interior Innovations?

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Al Koch is the best as far as I've heard. Spendy but quality and good customer service.
If you're having this much trouble GIVING them your money, imagine the headache if you need to do a return or exchange.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have the interior innovation seat covers. you get what you pay for, quality is ok. the gray does not match, not bad but a different shade. ok for a daily driver which mine is, but not for a restoration or factory replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the honest feedback, all you ever read is how awesome they are, I think most forget to add "for the money."

My dad passed this car down to me, and while I won't daily drive it, she's got some miles on her, and I know I'll keep it for the foreseeable future, just torn on how much to spend versus what I'll get in return in terms of quality.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have the interior innovation seat covers. you get what you pay for, quality is ok. the gray does not match, not bad but a different shade. ok for a daily driver which mine is, but not for a restoration or factory replacement.
I got their's off amazon. I got black with some red, I love them, worth every penny.

·
Registered
41 Posts
G
They are a bargain for the price , I am very happy with them but they are not for a restoration of to replace factory quality. The leather is somewhat softer and a little thinner.

The stiching is not perfect and lettering is off just a little. You probably wouldn't notice in a quick look, just telling some one who's looking a honest review,

·
Registered
19 Posts
interior innovations

I love my interior innovations all leather seats. I think they are a better quality than the original and thicker plus padding on the back. My hands where numb after working the leather but well worth it. The only reason I replaced them is the originals had split from the upper side Vinyl pieces where they attach to the leather.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
There is no one in the Corvette seat business who can hold a candle to Vette Essential's seat covers. But here's the catch. They are REAL leather seat covers that are hand made to order. Not that vinyl crap being offered by a LOT of manufacturers, the real deal, and only cut from choice leather.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interior Innovations

I'll bet that was one expensive candle...:rolling: Those look like Very Nice Seats... Now I'm no leather pro and have no exp. with C.E., but mine we're made to order and are REAL leather as well. I wouldn't have taken my Milwaukee heat gun to vinyl seat covers. Interior innovations sells both. I thought the quality was fine. I'm sure it's not the highest quality leather around or the best seats covers out there, but I.M.O. it sure beats the stock seats hands down both in looks and quality and for $600 console included can't be beat.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Junkman asked me to post some other photos of my VE Seats which he referred to in an earlier post. When it came time for new seat covers back in 2008, there were only two choices for me to decide between - Vette Essentials and Caravaggio. Both of them are leaders in the high-end C5 seat cover replacement market (without going totally insane). Since this was a major purchase for me (the seat covers were not the bulk of the order), I researched it to death and either one of those choices would have been great, but VE was able to get me exactly what I wanted. I also wanted other "matching" leather components which they were able to provide. Eight years later ALL of the components they provided still look like the day I installed them and my C5 is my only car (driven every day).

This was my original fairly exacting specifications that I sent to VE prior to placing my order:

After a couple discussions, this was the final set of specifications:

This was the result, the day I installed them (I still had not steamed out a couple wrinkles yet!)...

Then installed in car:

VE also did lots of matching components in the Carbon Fiber Leather'Black Suede (the Carbon Fiber Leather does not react to the camera flash very friendly, but the first 3 photos in this sequence capture the way the materials look in real life - with no "flash")...

I would not have spent so much on a car interior if I thought I were going to sell the car in a few years, but I knew that the C5 was a "keeper". Like I have always said, "You don't always get what you pay for in life, but you can expect to get what you don't pay for".

Would I do it again? Absolutely. With all the "upgrades" I have done on my C5, I have enjoyed this interior the most and everytime I stop at a gas station or wherever, people mention it.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Oh ****. I love that CF interior. Hhhmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interior Innovations

WOW... Sweet C5 interior...That's the first time I've seen C.F. leather. I'm more a leather look guy than a CF guy. I guess I'm old. Maybe 1 day I'll get the C.E. leather seats if I can get more $$$. I love your visors too.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
WOW... Sweet C5 interior...That's the first time I've seen C.F. leather. I'm more a leather look guy than a CF guy. I guess I'm old. Maybe 1 day I'll get the C.E. leather seats if I can get more $$$. I love your visors too.
Sadly, VE no longer can get that CF (Cross-Weave Pattern) - it was manufactured in Indonesia and that was the only interior they ever did using that material (they no longer make it). They do carry some other CF patterns now, but they are more that traditional "diagonal" pattern.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts