Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Your awake Matt/lol! I plan on retiring soon so I wanted some spending cash when this Virus goes away.I have some Mutual funds I'll let sit,Thats my Funeral fund.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
One month and one week working from home, my big energy company employer was shaking things out before the virus hit now they'll most likely be shaking harder. I pick up one of my guitars during the mandatory work breaks, take court house lunch breaks, and doing the best I can staying ahead of the boss's needs. Skyping, Teams, Work Place, emails, and phoning while keeping projects going. Worst of all I recently put my 83 year old Mom in assisted living in a town 50 miles away and I'm not allowed to visit albeit I'm still doing Sonny Do's for her and can see her through the window while talking on the phone. Luckily the assisted living facility has a young man in PPE getting what I drop off for her.

·
Only green will do...
18,377 Posts
Just making more money being a essential worker, just hate wearing these masks but as long as i am safe from getting this virus all is very safe, indeed

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Don't really go anywhere now. Keep a couple masks in my truck in case I need to go into a store which is mandated.
My yard/lawn looks the best it's been this time of year as I have more time to work on that.
I did buy a new truck! Great time to buy right now. They were not dealing on these before, now they are so glad to see a buyer! Not driving much now on the other hand. Saving a butt ton of money not going out for lunch and dinners and cocktails, etc. Gonna be a revolution here in Illinois next week when weather hits 70"s and 80's.all the lake fronts are closed now. Good luck with that. Wisconsin is wide open now. Bars open etc. Matter of time for Herr Pritzker.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I'm working for a manufacturer of electrical safety systems for hospitals, so our sales are doing well now knocking on wood. In fact, this is a new job I jumped into at the start of the pandemic crisis. Everyone from my old job are furloughed now. Starting to get ready to work around my house/land as weather's starting to get nicer. Other than that, just staying home except for Tuesday when it's my turn to go into the company to support production in case they need someone from our department. My wife's teaching via Zoom from home in coordination with others in our school district. I go out once a week to a couple of my local watering holes, which are only serving takeout, just to continue supporting them. I always throw a very fat tip at their staff, who I've known for years now, to try and help them out now. Other than that, just trying to stay healthy, sane, happy until the scientists get their hands around this f#*@ed up mess that our friends in the east shared with the world.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Can't figure out how delete a post I guess.

Anyway I drove an hour just to get my haircut yesterday. Thank God for Wisconsin being open!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
There has been 28 covid-19 related shootings so far this weekend in Chicago.

They'll be voting by mail in November.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts