Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the Sumitomo HTR Z.. I am getting a good Deal on a set of Used 315s.. for the back (they have atleast a good part of one summer left)

and I will be buying new HTR Z 275 for the front.

I can't wait until spring to get the 11's on the back along with the Flares.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Do your tires stick out any? I like the flares I just don't think they would look right on my car.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Good tires I like 'em :D

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Digging up an old thread here but...

How you guys like the Sumitomo HTR Z's in the rain? I'll be looking to get two tires sometime soon. Though it's not my daily driver, getting caught in the rain is an issue I don't want to worry about.

Thanks.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Dan,

They are great in the rain. I just put on a new set a couple of months ago. I'll send you a PM.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts

How you guys like the Sumitomo HTR Z's in the rain? I'll be looking to get two tires sometime soon. Though it's not my daily driver, getting caught in the rain is an issue I don't want to worry about.

Thanks.
Did I tell you the story of my old Dunlops in the rain VS the Sumitomos?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks.
I never bought fronts. I found i did not like the Sumitomos I got, they were really worn..

So I ended up doing Nitto 555 in front and 555R in the rear

·
Registered
38 Posts
tire size

Maybe I'm missing something, I have the original tires on my 87 c4 which say 255/50/16 I can't seem to find this size in any of the major brands I want, namely Sumitomos, is there a different size chart? If so what size do you guys think I need, I am going to order them online so I want to be sure to get it right. I forgot to mention though that I'm getting the c6 2005 style rims fit for a c4 which are 17"x9.5" What size do most of you run on that size rim?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, I have the original tires on my 87 c4 which say 255/50/16 I can't seem to find this size in any of the major brands I want, namely Sumitomos, is there a different size chart? If so what size do you guys think I need, I am going to order them online so I want to be sure to get it right. I forgot to mention though that I'm getting the c6 2005 style rims fit for a c4 which are 17"x9.5" What size do most of you run on that size rim?
The selection for the P255/50VR16 is pretty limited. Since you're moving up to 17" wheels, then I'm assuming that won't be an issue any longer.

The standard size for late C4's with 17"X9.5" wheels was a P275/40ZR17 tire on all four corners (slightly different sizes if the car was equipped with 8.5" in the front & 9.5" in the back).

These are available from most of the major and minor manufacturers.

I've really enjoyed my Goodyear F1 GS-D3's (and I think the tread pattern looks really cool!), but there are lots of alternatives.

Steven

·
Registered
44 Posts
:thumbsup: I've had my Sumi's for about a month now . I think they hook well and that tread design looks great! I have them mounted on 2000 zo6 wheels and get a lot of compliments on them. A lot of people still seem to not be aware of the brand. Great tire,great price!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jeff, congrads on the the new rubber I just recived my from tire rack GREAT Price for all 4 only $ 419.00 shipped to my door in ONE day.... the 315 look GREAT and good luck...... Dan III : ) :partyon:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts