Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I thought I'd go with the "C3 Caliper Color of Choice", Red, but I'm not so sure this is what I was thinking of:WTF:

This is VHT Caliper Paint's "Real Red", but it looks to me like my caliper had a visit from a "....Sweet Transvestite, from Transexual Transylvania" (Rock Horror Picture Show...the Lips in the Intro and the Outro).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I bought my caliper paint at Pep Boys and I've got to say, it's a little brighter than that. That will probably look great once you get them on the car with the wheels and tires around them. Art

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Call me kooky, I painted my calipers Cast Iron Gray.

I guess I never understood trying to attract attention to basic brakes.

I do plan on getting some aluminum stock replacement calipers from Wilwood, and I will have those polished.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call me kooky, I painted my calipers Cast Iron Gray.

I guess I never understood trying to attract attention to basic brakes.

I do plan on getting some aluminum stock replacement calipers from Wilwood, and I will have those polished.
Yeah, I kinda think they looked better after I stripped the old "silver" off, just the polished cast iron, but I don't think anybody makes a clear caliper paint. Don't want to strip them again, so I guess I'll go with it.

But man, this is so...fuscia!

Hopefully they'll look ok once everthing is installed, ....might have to add a couple of large "Fart Cans" to really make everything match! :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts