Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fixed my horn

By replacing some fuses I got my interior fan and dash lights to work.

I think it will pass a safety inspection

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
As long as the horn isn't the only thing thats working:lookinup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,685 Posts
Now that the horn is fixed, I guess you don't have to worry about the brakes not working

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brakes are fine. I replaced pretty much everything except the master cylinder and the vacuum booster.

Wilwoods are cool.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
How did you fix the horn? Its the only thing in my 1980 that is not working correctly, and it frustrates me when the car is not perfect!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well when I pushed the horn button I heard my horn relay click, so I took a wire and attached it too the hot stud on the horn relay. Then I used a DC check light connector thing (its got an alligator clip on a red wire, then the black wire has a light on a stick so when you push the stick against a ground the light lights up if there is power at that location), I used the alligator clip to attach the jumper wire to the horn lead. then I pushed the ground stick with the light against the radiator support. So with the jumper power got to the horn. At this point there was no horn blowing. I grounded the light device 1 more time and the horn went off, startling me so much I almost fell on my butt(my face was like 9 inches from the horn). So I disconnected my jumper wire, and reattached the normal connector and pushed the horn button a few times and it worked.

What is wrong with your horn?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Well when I pushed the horn button I heard my horn relay click, so I took a wire and attached it too the hot stud on the horn relay. Then I used a DC check light connector thing (its got an alligator clip on a red wire, then the black wire has a light on a stick so when you push the stick against a ground the light lights up if there is power at that location), I used the alligator clip to attach the jumper wire to the horn lead. then I pushed the ground stick with the light against the radiator support. So with the jumper power got to the horn. At this point there was no horn blowing. I grounded the light device 1 more time and the horn went off, startling me so much I almost fell on my butt(my face was like 9 inches from the horn). So I disconnected my jumper wire, and reattached the normal connector and pushed the horn button a few times and it worked.

AHHHH HAAAA!!!!
The old corrosion in the connector trick!

:smack

·
Registered
966 Posts
I grounded the light device 1 more time and the horn went off, startling me so much I almost fell on my butt(my face was like 9 inches from the horn).
ROFLMAO!!! Been there done that!!!! Had a big gouge on the top of my head last time. :laughing:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
ROFLMAO!!! Been there done that!!!! Had a big gouge on the top of my head last time. :laughing:
:rolling: :rolling: U 2?? those mofo are LOUD when you a foot away....

and I got THREE of them.....one high, two lo and adjusted for diff notes....

NOT a week after putting 4 horns on my '60 vette, I lost it in a wreck....

so I just put 3 this time round....

:D :devil: :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts