Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F/S Doug Rippie Chassis Stiffener

$350 + shipping. Will fit all C4's. The bar is at Performance Technical Center in Elk Grove Village, Il and Geoff there will arrange shipping.

From the DRM web site:
The stock chassis is flexible by nature and can limit suspension effectiveness. DRM StifferChassis bars significantly reduce chassis flex and increase both cornering capabilities and maneuverability. All bars are hand-built and jig fabricated for an exact fit. DRM bars do not inhibit entry/exit or rear vision. (Tubing Specifications: 1.75-inch dia., .095-thick seamless tubing).

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: F/S Doug Rippie Chassis Stiffener

Arnie said:
$350 + shipping. Will fit all C4's. The bar is at Performance Technical Center in Elk Grove Village, Il and Geoff there will arrange shipping.

From the DRM web site:
The stock chassis is flexible by nature and can limit suspension effectiveness. DRM StifferChassis bars significantly reduce chassis flex and increase both cornering capabilities and maneuverability. All bars are hand-built and jig fabricated for an exact fit. DRM bars do not inhibit entry/exit or rear vision. (Tubing Specifications: 1.75-inch dia., .095-thick seamless tubing).

I'll take it. Sold. And I'll pick it up my Landrover.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrick, when you pick up the chassis stiffener, just pay Geoff and he'll put it towards my tab. Boy, I remember when I used to have a tab at my local bar, now it's the tuner.:D I spoke with him this morning and everything is set.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Too bad it looks like the top won't fit in the back with that installed
Last summer I had the top off maybe 5 times.

- I don't like how loose the car feels with it off.
- Above 70MPH and you cannot hear the radio, phone...
- I have a bad back and shoulder, and i always managed to pull something when I take the top off by myself.
- When the top is off it rattles near the rear glass - very annoying.
- It takes forever to take off.

So, now the chassis is stiff, I might enjoy the top off for local "spins" around town on a cool 65 degree night. I will just leave the top in the garage.

And, now I can get my car into the 11's on NOS without getting chased off the track!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Arnie said:
Patrick, when you pick up the chassis stiffener, just pay Geoff and he'll put it towards my tab. Boy, I remember when I used to have a tab at my local bar, now it's the tuner.:D I spoke with him this morning and everything is set.
Why don't you give me his #... I'll be around that way on Mon/Tues...

I am going to have it powder coated... but what color is it now?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
when I decide to cage my car, I will want to have the top off..

Unlike everyone, I can't tell anymore with the top off if my car is loose..

I also am installing a Stock X brace from a convertible.. that might help too

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick96LT4 said:
Why don't you give me his #... I'll be around that way on Mon/Tues...

I am going to have it powder coated... but what color is it now?
It's black and the number is 847-228-7256.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts