1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold it.

Several months ago.

Sold car, truck, trailer, etc.

I promised the buyer I wouldn't post that I sold my car anywhere for several months. He didn't want any word out.
Like telling you guys is going to make a difference:laughing:

But a promise is a promise.

The car went into the world of illegal street racing sad to say.

For those that don't really know my car, it was a an almost show quality C4 from a distance. looked bone stock from 50 feet away.

Yet this car could turn 9's at the track.

In street form on street tires (drag Radials), on the street, it would turn low 11's all day on motor only (no juice). Hooking up is always a problem on the street.

The motor was custom built race motor designed to handle a 300 shot of nitrous.

At the track it would pull the fronts off the ground.

A real sleeper. I stopped racing for the most part a couple years ago. 30 years at the track is long time and I wanted to enjoy my summer weekends.

When I drove it on the street the past couple years every dick head with a new camaro, charger, stang, challenger wanted to go at the light.

Anybody with a checkbook can go buy a fast car these days and they think they are hot ****.

I got tired of proving that you ain't **** with a factory motor and I don't care what it is.

I probably dumped close to $200,000 in this car over the years.

Soo it was a matter of time before I got killed, or my car was impounded.

I got tired of the $$$$ I was pouring into the car with breaking ****, new rear ends, refreshing tranny's, on and on.

Plus the beast only ran on race fuel at $7 - $8 a gallon.

I'd take it for a cruise night and blow $50.00 on gas easy.

So the buyer shows up with a motor home and a car trailer from outta state. Buys my car and the goes through my garage with a roll of hundreds in his hand pointing stuff out and buying it. Extra N02 bottles, tie downs, fire extinguishers,
all my extra wheels and tires, car cover, air tank, he even bought a set of brand new QA1 shocks sitting in a box.

A few weeks after I sold it he called me and said that was in this town in Indiana and raced the fastest car in town... beating him by 6 car lengths.

I am sure this guy made his money back over the summer and my beautiful car is now pretty much beat up.

I am sure he made some mods , but never heard from him again.

I went to few underground races and I wanted no part of it.

These cars have no safety equipment and fueled by a criminal element. You git gang members with nothing to do with their drug money so they throw 50, 70 grand under the hood of a car and go racing. These guys bet 3,4, 5 grand per race.
Not to mention all the side bets in the crowd.

Anyway. I'm done, I'm alive and I will be looking for a nice bone stock vert to enjoy weeks ends with next year.

Hope y'all will still let me post as for the first time in 27 years I don't have a vette.

Peace.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
I won't mind if you post. I'll bet there are many here without a car that post. Your just one of the ohnest ones. ;)

As for every guy next to you wanting to race, I used to get that. But after the cam and exhaust and intake and tunning, now they don't even look at me. Pulled up just last night next to Mustang. The new one that's supposed to be bad ars. I looked over and he wouldn't even look my way. :laughing: maybe he felt the thump when I pulled up next to him and didn't want to try it.

As for the street racing, it is bad. Go to jail a long time around here if your caught. Take your car too. They impound it and levy so much in fines you feel beat down by the time you get it back. Only form of street racing you can possibly get away with here is a little light to light. But there really isn't any need because we have the track that opens to public on weekends too.

Best of luck finding a new ride. But I bet you don't keep it stock very long. Hard to stay stock when you have felt that much power before. Makes you feel slow in a normal ride.

:partyon:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
sounds like it is time to get a nice drop top vette and just cruise it....my next vette (going to get a new C7 when I get my E7 in a few years) will be a drop top and stay mostly stock

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I've poured money into cars already, and bought my current vette with no intention of doing any work on it. It will stay bone stock.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I've poured money into cars already, and bought my current vette with no intention of doing any work on it. It will stay bone stock.
All I will do to my C7 will be wheels/tires, headers, exhaust, cold air intake, and a tune.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't mind if you post. I'll bet there are many here without a car that post. Your just one of the ohnest ones. ;)

As for every guy next to you wanting to race, I used to get that. But after the cam and exhaust and intake and tunning, now they don't even look at me. Pulled up just last night next to Mustang. The new one that's supposed to be bad ars. I looked over and he wouldn't even look my way. :laughing: maybe he felt the thump when I pulled up next to him and didn't want to try it.

:partyon:

Oh don't get me wrong. Most cars and drivers would not want to tangle and give the thumbs up, etc.

But there are a lot of others that see a stock looking C4 that is loud. And I mean this car was loud. It would shake while idling at the light and set off car alarms if I drove through a retail parking lot.

They would have the top SS camaro with a tune and want to try me.

I guess the real tell tale time for me to sell this thing was some idiot in a new ZR1 427 vette was weaving in and out of traffic behind me just to line up at the next light.

What do those things cost now anyway?..125k?

So he lines up. We go. keep in mind that my car would do 0 - 60 in about 2.6 secs. we hit 120 in no time. I shut down and show my brakes lights as I was a few car lengths ahead of him.

We pull up at the next light and the windows come down.

I said he had a nice car, he was surprised by mine, etc.

I ask him how many miles does he have on the car as it was obviously one of the new vettes.

He said 100 miles.

idiot.:crazy:

so then I'm thinking what I just did. Sunny day, week day, two lane in each direction and I'm doing 120, for what?

All I needed was a county bull to be in the other lane and I would still be in jail.

Heck, a couple kids died two months ago on that same stretch of road racing.

The county sheriff is a friend of mine, and I would be very embarrassed if I was arrested.

That's when I started to think that I am too old for this.

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
MATT

long time no see ** miss the lunches @ brat stop when good old patrick was around **
Sorry about the sale of the corvette was a cool car ***but I put money in mine nothing you did and I sometimes look back and say I should stop one day ***

NOT YET :D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Sold it.

Several months ago.

Sold car, truck, trailer, etc.

I promised the buyer I wouldn't post that I sold my car anywhere for several months. He didn't want any word out.
Like telling you guys is going to make a difference:laughing:

But a promise is a promise.

The car went into the world of illegal street racing sad to say.

For those that don't really know my car, it was a an almost show quality C4 from a distance. looked bone stock from 50 feet away.

Yet this car could turn 9's at the track.

In street form on street tires (drag Radials), on the street, it would turn low 11's all day on motor only (no juice). Hooking up is always a problem on the street.

The motor was custom built race motor designed to handle a 300 shot of nitrous.

At the track it would pull the fronts off the ground.

A real sleeper. I stopped racing for the most part a couple years ago. 30 years at the track is long time and I wanted to enjoy my summer weekends.

When I drove it on the street the past couple years every dick head with a new camaro, charger, stang, challenger wanted to go at the light.

Anybody with a checkbook can go buy a fast car these days and they think they are hot ****.

I got tired of proving that you ain't **** with a factory motor and I don't care what it is.

I probably dumped close to $200,000 in this car over the years.

Soo it was a matter of time before I got killed, or my car was impounded.

I got tired of the $$$$ I was pouring into the car with breaking ****, new rear ends, refreshing tranny's, on and on.

Plus the beast only ran on race fuel at $7 - $8 a gallon.

I'd take it for a cruise night and blow $50.00 on gas easy.

So the buyer shows up with a motor home and a car trailer from outta state. Buys my car and the goes through my garage with a roll of hundreds in his hand pointing stuff out and buying it. Extra N02 bottles, tie downs, fire extinguishers,
all my extra wheels and tires, car cover, air tank, he even bought a set of brand new QA1 shocks sitting in a box.

A few weeks after I sold it he called me and said that was in this town in Indiana and raced the fastest car in town... beating him by 6 car lengths.

I am sure this guy made his money back over the summer and my beautiful car is now pretty much beat up.

I am sure he made some mods , but never heard from him again.

I went to few underground races and I wanted no part of it.

These cars have no safety equipment and fueled by a criminal element. You git gang members with nothing to do with their drug money so they throw 50, 70 grand under the hood of a car and go racing. These guys bet 3,4, 5 grand per race.
Not to mention all the side bets in the crowd.

Anyway. I'm done, I'm alive and I will be looking for a nice bone stock vert to enjoy weeks ends with next year.

Hope y'all will still let me post as for the first time in 27 years I don't have a vette.

Peace.

Matt
Exactly why I refuse to modify another engine on any car I own, on a MUCH smaller scale. Good for you man. :thumbsup:

... although I will never sell my El Camino unless I loose my mind. ;)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly why I refuse to modify another engine on any car I own, on a MUCH smaller scale. Good for you man. :thumbsup:

... although I will never sell my El Camino unless I loose my mind. ;)

Thanks Junk,

I still have one of the first WRX's that was imported to the U.S.

I've kept that motor bone stock.

All the kids want that car!:laughing:

So I still have a fun car to drive, just not a vette.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Thanks Junk,

I still have one of the first WRX's that was imported to the U.S.

I've kept that motor bone stock.

All the kids want that car!:laughing:

So I still have a fun car to drive, just not a vette.
The WRX is a great car. I just bought a 2014 STi :D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The WRX is a great car. I just bought a 2014 STi :D
Yeah.

Great car.

I keep mine like new.

The first editions (like mine) weigh well under 3000lbs:surprised

When I bought the car it the most HP per lb for any car under $70,000.00

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,450 Posts
Good seeing you Friday!

I hear you about wanting a fun cruiser.

I have done small mods to my ZR-1 with no plans to modify the motor..

I just enjoy driving it.
Hey Budro, how they hangin'?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
So the car is gone. I will mind my P's and Q's when out in my car knowing now that car is out and on the loose.:laughing:

I'm gonna miss pics of the rear suspension, just fantastic stuff!! Can't wait for you to share the new vert with us, good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the car is gone. I will mind my P's and Q's when out in my car knowing now that car is out and on the loose.:laughing:

I'm gonna miss pics of the rear suspension, just fantastic stuff!! Can't wait for you to share the new vert with us, good luck.:thumbsup:
Thanks Raid,

Yeah..all that custom work under the car.

You can't have that much HP in a C4 without it.

All that welding....

The whole drivetrain was custom too.

I was going to put in a Dana 60 before I sold it.

D44's are just to rare now and the way I going thought gears and clutch packs I needed to change. The co's that supply D44 parts a few and far between now.

The sad thing is I am sure the car is blown up by now so you don't have to worry:laughing:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That would be the worst part of selling my car, knowing the guy that bought it is going to kill it.:laughing:
I sold my restored '72 L48 years ago to a friend that always wanted it.

I even had the correct goodyears that came with the car.
(I had a friend that raced top fuel years ago and he had a connection to goodyear:laughing:)

Anyway within two weeks he took it the strip on those tires:surprised

Then he let his wife drive it. She parked it in a store parking lot like any other car and watched another lady in a suburban back into it.

I made a point to never sell a car to anyone that lives near me cause I don't want to see it get trashed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts