Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mallory unilite

I want to pin my distributer

I'm running strictly race gas so what do you recommend my timing be set at?

Also what are the advantages of running a box? I kind of want to buy one for some reason.

My car doesn't idle that well but the top end is great. My uncles 900 hp seems to idle better and seems more streetable :lookinup:

I know nothing about ignition :huh:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I suggest you don't pin it at all, the ingirion curve is not there fore nothing and it's not a street thing, as load and rpm changes the ignition timing has to change to fire the spark at the right moment so that the bulk of the mixture burns right after the piston is at tdc.

·
Registered
959 Posts
racervette.....I like your avatar pic.....do you know anything about it??
redvetracr

·
Registered
959 Posts
That cool, did you buy it from Knaffman? I found it in Mashburns basement. gutted and stripped.
Guess I got your log books.
NO, I am the black & green coupe......I raced against Brech Kauffman years ago....I helped Mashburn find him...my avatar is from 2005 BRIC at Road America.....before the big crash of course. know anyone looking for a vintage racer?? I want to sell both my cars......

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'll call Greer in Shelby, he's sold a few vintage vette racers So thats how mashburn got all the pictures and a complete written history of the car. will see mashburn in about three hours, he's in a zo6, right fast!
I'm out of here leaving for the hillclimb.

Thanks for the info.
I know David Greer as well...........

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO, I am the black & green coupe......I raced against Brech Kauffman years ago....I helped Mashburn find him...my avatar is from 2005 BRIC at Road America.....before the big crash of course. know anyone looking for a vintage racer?? I want to sell both my cars......
What will you do after you sell them :surprised

1 - 12 of 12 Posts