Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really prefer the 90-93 dash over the 94-96. I hate how all the dash's warning lights are part of the center stack. But the 90-93 has a plaque in the same spot. Does it also contain the warning lights? Or does it just sit there? What have people done with this space? Can you install gauges or something?

What was GM thinking with this yellow font. GOD its ugly, it just makes it look like the interior has faded and yellowed to all hell. Is there anything you can do about it? Does someone make a white overlay kit or something?

Ok so like i said, i prefer the 93 interior. By shopping for a 93 as opposed to a 94-96, am i going to miss out on anything? Are there any important upgrades i wont be able to get with that year? I know the LT1 was in 92 so no 91's.

If i find a great deal on a corvette with out the digital HVAC, is it possible to upgrade later?

Adjustable suspension? Did the C4 come with a suspension like the c5s? How do i make sure this is in my c4 whats the rpo?

Thank you guys for any and all help!!! Im a n00b and when it comes to Corvettes, the plethora of information and model differences is overwhelming!!! Sometime you just gotta stop trying to sort through all the bullshit and just come out with it and ask the experts ;)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I really prefer the 90-93 dash over the 94-96. I hate how all the dash's warning lights are part of the center stack. But the 90-93 has a plaque in the same spot. Does it also contain the warning lights? Or does it just sit there? What have people done with this space? Can you install gauges or something?

What was GM thinking with this yellow font. GOD its ugly, it just makes it look like the interior has faded and yellowed to all hell. Is there anything you can do about it? Does someone make a white overlay kit or something?

Ok so like i said, i prefer the 93 interior. By shopping for a 93 as opposed to a 94-96, am i going to miss out on anything? Are there any important upgrades i wont be able to get with that year? I know the LT1 was in 92 so no 91's.

If i find a great deal on a corvette with out the digital HVAC, is it possible to upgrade later?

Adjustable suspension? Did the C4 come with a suspension like the c5s? How do i make sure this is in my c4 whats the rpo?

Thank you guys for any and all help!!! Im a n00b and when it comes to Corvettes, the plethora of information and model differences is overwhelming!!! Sometime you just gotta stop trying to sort through all the bullshit and just come out with it and ask the experts ;)

Yes its houses the warning lights and yes you can put gauges in there.

Yep its yellow!!!

You can mod any corvette for 84-96

Dont kno the rpo....but you will see the knob when You sit in the car...can't miss it!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
It is hard to miss. Right on the center console between the shifter & the storage compartment.

My '95 has it.

FX3 - Selective ride and handling
Z07 - Adjustable performance handling package

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is hard to miss. Right on the center console between the shifter & the storage compartment.

My '95 has it.

FX3 - Selective ride and handling
Z07 - Adjustable performance handling package
Sorry guys!!!! What i meant, while browsing online for corvettes, is there anyway to tell if the car has it,because its in an odd place and doesnt show up in a lot of photos. Like if it was part of an overall package that you could spot lol. Sorry duh the huge knob right there lol.

As far as replacing that 80s inspired warning light screen deal monstrosity, can someone share a link to a how to or someone thats done it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts